Thread: SVT40 Toolkit?

Default SVT40 Toolkit?

Any one know a source for an SVT40 tool kit, specifically the wrench and cross-bolt tools (preferably original)? I have a rifle that needs to be cleaned up and I need to tear it down.

Well I don't know about being original but here is Bill's email [email protected] he does carry aftermarket tool for the gas system and the crossbolt.
    Good idea to get a couple of recoil springs as well.

Cross bolt you may use Ak front sight tool or sks. After few turns you may use small Cresent wrench to remove all together.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Bitterly clinging to my guns/ammo /religion since 11/6/2012 Compesce Mentem:Compos Mentis
    Join NRA

C&R collector Contact me Finn M39 or K98. Offer Russian SVT-40 date1942 Tula Trade for k98 Berlin-Lubecker- "237" 1940, and also "duv" 40 date.
    Feedback iTrader Link:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?342775-armenjs-is-EXCELLENT-to-deal-with!

Before I got the tool with the five-sided socket for the gas valve, I had no trouble tearing the gas system of My SVT 40 down using just the smallest adjustable (Crescent) wrench in my toolbox.

I also stumbled across that trick of using the front sight tool from an AK or SKS for the crossbolt (it also works on the SVT front sight) after I found I couldn't really use the nipple wrench from my reproduction Remington Cap And Ball revolver to do it (it was too big).

You may use the wrench for disassemble /loosen the piston enough that may use just finger to adjust the port. Previous owner failed to use correct tool for the gas port, now the actual tool is useless.

Remember barrel facing right turn left to unscrew it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Bitterly clinging to my guns/ammo /religion since 11/6/2012 Compesce Mentem:Compos Mentis
    Join NRA

C&R collector Contact me Finn M39 or K98. Offer Russian SVT-40 date1942 Tula Trade for k98 Berlin-Lubecker- "237" 1940, and also "duv" 40 date.
    Feedback iTrader Link:
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?342775-armenjs-is-EXCELLENT-to-deal-with!

I was lucky enough to find a original tool kit for my SVT-40 under $50 on ebay with other stuff too. Try that.
    RIP Jason RIP Alex
    1/30/14 8/20/14

See you on the other side buddies.