Default New to Husqvarna ???

I'm thinking about buying a 6.5x55 rifle and came across a Husqvarna 1600 series rifle. I've done some reading tonight and it looks like a great start to a new winter project. I want to build as light a rifle as possible and was considering a new stock. I also would consider this a budget build, with in reason. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. From all the reading I've done tonight, I still don't know what HVA stands for ??? Thanks

welcome to the boards...
    all your answers are in the minds of our true collectors here the biggest gun sight on the net.

Husqvarna are the barreled actions companies wish they could build today ...strong, high grade, accurate reliable...
    that's a good light kicking long distant hard hitting Cal.

what's wrong with the org. stock"

Thanks, There's nothing wrong with the stock. I was just thinking it would be nice to make the rifle lighter if possible, within reason. Maybe remove the sights. I was wondering if a fiberglass stock would save any weight. Anyone know what HVA stands for? The closest thing I could find was The Norwegian word "what"

Will take a helluva lot of innovative thinking to make a Husky 1600 much lighter! They were the original builders of lightweight rifles loooong before anyone ever new there was such a thing. Buy it, shoot it, have some fun, one of the best bolt action rifles ever made.

Welcome. Do heed the advice given here. These guys know what they are talking about! Enjoy your rifle.

HVA stands for Husqvarna Vapenfabriks Aktiebolag... or, Husqvarna Vapenfabriks AB. It means Husqvarna Arsenal under shareholding.
    Coagula / Solve

Baribal; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baribal

Thanks for all the good advice !!! Looks like a awesome rifle.

There is a poster on 24hrCampfire (steelhead) that has re-stocked his 1600 series rifle using a Mcmillan stock..
    Mcmillan stocks are quite expensive at around $500.00+ and aren't particularly light at around 30ozs depending on fill..

the feel, look of the org. stock fast swing....
    doesn't need 30 oz.'s of slowing down your speed!