Thread: 7.62x51 by ZQ1 ??

Default 7.62x51 by ZQ1 ??

Went by Wal-mart yesterday and picked up 1 box of this. Never heard of it before. At $17 a box it seems a little high. Has anyone tried this ammo? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZQ1 4.jpg   ZQ1 3.jpg   ZQ 2 2.jpg  
    Dang PoP's, when are you gonna get a hearing aid ?!?! My Sons

Made by these guys: http://www.mkek.gov.tr/en/FactoryDetails.aspx?ID=10
    Turkey is part of NATO

saw some of that at the local wally world a few days ago,
    "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."
    -Ronald Reagan,

No. 4 of 4.

When I was at Wal-Mart yesterday they had a 1200 round 50cal ammo can of 9mm and a 720 round can on 5.56x45(.223). Never could see what bullet weight the 5.56 was, but the 9mm was 115gr. Also don't know if it's Boxer or Berdan primed.
    me26245

Yeah, my local WM had only the cans, at crazy high prices. The 9mm comes out to over $20/50 rnds! That's gonna sit there for a while. I've shot the MKE 7.62x51 before, and it was fine shooting ammo, but not really worth $17+ a box, when you can just call AIM and get Prvi for about $10/box. I'm thinking that WM must have ordered a ship-load about 3 months ago when ammo was at its highest and looked like it would continue in that direction. Oh well, even they screw-up every now and then.
    Always looking for interesting 7.62x25 Tokarev and 7.63 Mauser cartridges!!!
    Member: International Ammunition Assoc. (IAA), European Cartridge Research Assoc. (ECRA). Ask me about membership!

Thanks for all the info. I'll fire a few rounds out of my M1a and an Israeli k98, see how it performs but as stated, at $17 a box I'll dig into my surplus stash.
    Dang PoP's, when are you gonna get a hearing aid ?!?! My Sons

I saw that ammo at WM and thought it was overpriced. I bought Tula Brassmax 100 rounds for $23, almost 1/2 the price of the bulk 9mm. While waiting for a clerk at WM I was talking to a guy who asked me if I was going to buy it before him. I pointed out that he would be paying far less per round if he bought the Brassmax (witch was in stock). He had no idea that it was a bad deal, some people have more available $ than math skills.

Did a little checking on the 7.62 stuff. Pulled a round and noted the following.
    Bullet weight = 147
    Charge = 44.5 grains of ball /flake . Looked some sort of duplex load.
    Boxer primed.
    Bullet had a little sealer and bottom had exposed lead. Will try it out in a Remington 700 and a K98 that I have.

Our production lines for 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, 9 mm and 20 mm Cartridges have been renewed with latest technology and according to NATO specifications and standards. AQAP-2120 and ISO 9001 certificates confirm the highest level of our Quality Management System applications.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Tucson, Arizona; 125 miles southeast of the center of the universe

Was in wallyworld today, and noticed they had the ZQ1 and Perfecta marked as "price rollback", to $14.97. Picked up a couple boxes of each to try out in my M14.
    AIRBORNE