Default 'Big Area of Potential Lead Poisoning' Could Close Gun Club

'Big Area of Potential Lead Poisoning' Could Close Gun Club

http://hampton-northhampton.patch.co...mpton-gun-club

The state has issued a cease and desist order to the Hampton Rod and Gun Club after a significant amount of lead shot and shotgun wads were found in wetlands and running water on the property.

The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services sent the letter on Dec. 3 after an Aug. 15 inspection determined that "at least 40,000 square feet of forested wetland and 275 linear feet of perennial stream had been filled or otherwise impacted as a result of shooting activities" on the property, located off Atlantic Avenue in North Hampton.

The club, used by local residents and the North Hampton and Rye police departments for range shooting and target practice, doesn't have a permit to deposit clay targets and spent ammunition and casings in wetlands or surface water because this kind of action violates environmental laws, according to NHDES.

NHDES "requests" in the letter that the club "Immediately refrain from shooting activities over and in wetlands and surface waters" that result "in the ongoing discharge of lead shot/bullets and or other wastes or pollutants." This could force the club to "cease" shooting activities "in some or all areas of the current range" to meet this request, according to the letter.

It isn't yet determined if and how local bodies of water and water supplies have been affected by the lead and shooting range waste, as those tests are among the several remediation actions and investigations NHDES plans to oversee.

North Hampton selectmen were extremely concerned Monday night after learning of the contamination, though. Selectman Larry Miller said the board and town "need to make sure DES is accountable to holding [the club] accountable" for any dangers to public health and safety.

"This is a big area of potential lead poisoning," said Miller. "I want to make sure we stay on top of this."

NHDES has also asked that the club submit by March 1 a plan showing conditions on the property and the various measures the club must take to correct problems revealed by investigations into the impacts to soil, surface water, groundwater and sediment "in and around the target range and the pistol/rifle range" at the club ...

*OMG! LEAD! Terror tactic of using DEP to attack and close shooting facilities isn't new but obviously remains a weapon in their arsenal for the never ending quest.
    Despite lack of testing. Despite definitive proof. Despite any attempt at remediation. Let's just close it down because the evil GUN is used there.
    Maybe someone should find out who filed the complaint, dump a load of something on his lawn, and call the DEP on him.
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

I'll play the devils advocate here for just a second.

The EPA doesn't care about guns, state wetland management and water quality programs don't care about guns. They DO care a great deal about heavy metal contamination of wetlands and water ways.

Running a shooting range over wetlands is going to contribute to heavy metal runoff and if it is detected downstream, you are liable to clean it up. Now I am not talking about shooting ducks out on the pond, I am talking about a shooting range with significant volume of fire. Figure how many pounds of lead get shot a day and add up all the days the range had been open... you get my drift.

Running a shooting range over water is a bad idea, on most ranges lead can be recovered from the backstops and runoff is minimal, other wise there would have been regulations on the matter already.

Here is a fascinating read on the topic published by NSSF

http://www.nssf.org/ranges/rangereso...adMobility.pdf

Default One Ounce Loads Adds Up Big Time

Many years ago a friend of mine in California informed me about the lead debris cleanup efforts made at the Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club in Silicon Valley. The Trap and Skeet shooting range went out over a ravine, which was a part of a watershed.

I don't know who mandated the cleanup, but the gun club did it, and when completed, had retrieved 98 tons of lead birdshot from the ravine. That calculated out to 196,000 pounds of lead . . . equals out to over 3.1 MILLION OUNCES of lead birdshot.

And considering the average shotgun shell load is one ounce . . . that's a lot of years of shooting taking place there.

It goes to show that when having a fun time in a recreation activity, the accumulated quantity can add up to big numbers.

The collected lead shot was placed in 55 gallon drums, of one ton each, and put up for sale.

Lead is all over the place!

i used to mine on teh Northern Seward pennesula, back in the early 90's. The one that stuck with me was when we were in a pit aptly named "the ****" ( some said "cut" but the 'n' added was more descriptive....it was a wet , sloppy , stinky, dark hole of a pit we were throwing $$ and hard work into (sound familiar?)...... we mined gold on a bench, above bedrock, and found that a lake we drained (rather small 1/2 acre) had "soft ground' and I stripped it down to bedrock (a bench anyways), and , ofcourse we took a few pans for testing. 3 pans in and I quit from all the lead shot I was getting, along with decent color (we were on a streak) so we put a day into a set up and the day after washed to see if we would run there for awhile....well, the gold was there, we did "OK" but we did end up with at least 2, 5 gallon buckets of lead shot at clean up toime later that week time (we were just washing for concentrates).

This was 30 miles, in any direction, from a village.....must been one really good "bird shooting 'hot spot'"

We need a National Shooting Range Protection Act just like the Florida State Act. Following the reasonable "Best Practices" manual gives ranges in FL complete protection from civil environmental lawsuits and state actions.

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/f...atutes_790-333
    I swear by Jupiter Optimus Maximus .... in the army of the consul Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus and for 10 miles around it I will not steal anything worth more than a sestertius in any one day.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk308 View Post
    We need a National Shooting Range Protection Act just like the Florida State Act. Following the reasonable "Best Practices" manual gives ranges in FL complete protection from civil environmental lawsuits and state actions.

http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/f...atutes_790-333
    That is a great law in FL. But I would bet that "Best Practices" don't involve shooting over wetlands. That's why even under legislation like that the range in the OP is liable for cleanup and damages.

There was a trap and skeet club located in what was considered a "wasteland" marsh outside of Davenport for something like thirty years. The EPA estimates 240 tons of lead shot was deposited on the marsh bottom during the club's years of operation. Waterfoul were getting sick and they were finding lead shot in bird's gizzards.

Nowadays, we recognize these places as wetlands and make efforts to preserve them. I'm okay with that.

Where I live, I think we need more public ranges. More and more are getting shut down as people encroach and complain about noise, etc. I feel sort of guilty about doing my shooting around food plots in wildlife areas or in farm fields that produce crops. If every county had a designated range, people wouldn't be using the various public nature areas as informal ranges, and spraying all that lead around willy-nilly.
    Last edited by Looter; 12-11-2013 at 05:50 PM.

40,000 square feet? I am NOT impressed! That is SIGNIFICANTLY SMALLER than a football field.

If you want to abate that area, all you would need to do is take about the first foot and a half of 'top dirt' (there's not going to be very much lead deeper than that)and place into a confined disposal area where the water runoff could be stored, monitored, and released when it tests OK, which is going to be OVER 99% of the time.

Had to do the same thing with water runoff from the 300,000 ton coal piles at the power plant where I used to work.

Well, it is hard to say that lead in the wrong place can not cause a few environmental problems. That said, there is no lead shot sold in the US to the best of my knowledge. As a result, this will continue to be much less of a problem. Lots of the rifle and pistol ammo I shoot is steel core. The environmentalist do not like it either.

how much lead is in government ranges (military and police) after all they have to stock a few million rounds just for homeland seceurity

What is a Wetland?? Does it have something to do with that stuff called water which we get from the Colorado ?? Thank God there's not a "Dryland Ordinance" , we'd be in big trouble!! By the way, where I live there's a free gun range that's owned by The City. It has four lanes with 20 foot berms ,one is a 250 yard. The NRA and the city chipped in 50/50 to build it. Just go down between sun up and sun down and set up your targets. No range master !! , BB

There was a range/club that I used to belong to just a few miles from my house. It was on a corner of a large piece of land owned by an elderly fellow who was a shooting enthusiast and let the club use the land. After he passed away, the club was shut down, and the land was sold for a housing development. I personally think that was absolutely crazy for the reasons detailed in the posts above - there has to be lead shot all over the property and beyond. There was some soil remediation done, but it was just around the immediate area of the rifle and pistol range, and I can guarantee that they did the legal minimum. Oh, and there is no city water in the new subdivision - all drinking water comes from individual wells. I just hope that no kid growing up there has developmental disabilities, then tests high for lead. In that case, I sure hope the club records were tossed out, because my guess is that the folks likely to be sued are the ones who put the lead there in the first place - namely us members.

My point is - you need to take a careful look at where you are shooting, not just take somebody else's word that "it's OK". The club I belong to now owns the land that all the ranges are on, and the parcel of land is big enough to ensure that no lead goes beyond its boundaries. We are also on a hilltop, far away from any wetlands.

Keep in mind this portion of NH is practically northern Massachusetts. I am sure the population in the town would love to see the gun club gone. With the build up of NH as a boston suburb we get the people fleeing Mass. taxes and rules but then they bring the same mindset here.

Lead is just the latest in shark attack sound bites used to control freedoms. There certainly are reasons to reduce risks but by today's hysteria our parents and grandparents must have been dumb as a stump and most only lived into their thirty s with all the poisons they used . If you want to see long term effects just visit any 90 year old and see they are just not as bright as they used to be (sarcasm).

This is much more about shutting down that range for good than pollution. If lead is so bad isn't it time our government started by the government not buying, using or working around lead. This should pretty much shut down all government as we know it and that may be the safest place for them to be.

Pennsylvania where Johnny Reb got new shoes !

"Well, it is hard to say that lead in the wrong place can not cause a few environmental problems. That said, there is no lead shot sold in the US to the best of my knowledge. "

What do you mean no lead shot sold in the US ?
    Lead shot is legal for hunting in all most all states except Cali.What do you think people shoot trap and skeet with ??
    You cannot use lead shot to hunt waterfowl,ie ducks and geese. They fall under Federal migratory birds game laws.

Yes,trap and skeet ranges are known to carelessly have impact areas where shot lands in bodies of water. No Gubmint plot here.
    Am familer with a trap range shut down over 25 years ago because of this. They had to clean it up too. The rifle and pistol range 600 yards away was not closed. No run off issues.
    You can use lead shot to hunt small game and other non migratory birds.

Just what have duck hunters been using for the last 200 years? Why do we still have ducks? As an aside, want to guess what mineral other than copper Arizona is noted for?
    The feds closed my local range because of "lead in the berms" The club offered to have the lead removed, but the feds refused. It was later determined you would have to EAT the led in the berms to get any ill effects!
    The complaint about the range came from two employees of a local land developer who had property behind the range and was good buddies with the then current forest service supervisor who initiated the closure
    Complaints were made about the ashphalt from the trap range but the forest service land ajacent to it had a dump of TONS of ashphalt from a road widening project.
    The forest service couldn't get any competent person to write the report they wanted, so they hired an inexperienced person to do their dirty work.
    And of course this was done when Klintoon was presydent

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanovich View Post
    "Well, it is hard to say that lead in the wrong place can not cause a few environmental problems. That said, there is no lead shot sold in the US to the best of my knowledge. "

What do you mean no lead shot sold in the US ?
    Lead shot is legal for hunting in all most all states except Cali.What do you think people shoot trap and skeet with ??
    You cannot use lead shot to hunt waterfowl,ie ducks and geese. They fall under Federal migratory birds game laws.

Yes,trap and skeet ranges are known to carelessly have impact areas where shot lands in bodies of water. No Gubmint plot here.
    Am familer with a trap range shut down over 25 years ago because of this. They had to clean it up too. The rifle and pistol range 600 yards away was not closed. No run off issues.
    You can use lead shot to hunt small game and other non migratory birds.
    Thanks for the info. I rarely shoot shotguns. Last several times I got shells for sporting clays, all I saw was steel. I would personally not buy any lead shotgun shells since I would likely find out it was against somebody's rule or some law.

Clyde is offline Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Well, it is hard to say that lead in the wrong place can not cause a few environmental problems. That said, there is no lead shot sold in the US to the best of my knowledge. As a result, this will continue to be much less of a problem. Lots of the rifle and pistol ammo I shoot is steel core. The environmentalist do not like it either.
    Most shotshells sold in the US are loaded with lead shot. Lead substitutes (steel, bismuth, others) are legally required for hunting waterfowl, but that is about it. Except in the PRK, of course.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

Quote Originally Posted by mike radford View Post
    Thanks for the info. I rarely shoot shotguns. Last several times I got shells for sporting clays, all I saw was steel. I would personally not buy any lead shotgun shells since I would likely find out it was against somebody's rule or some law.
    Then you won't be doing very much shotgunning, and you will absolutely not be using any older guns that pre-date choke tubes unless they've been very lightly choked, or sawed off.

The only thing I buy, or load, steel/non-lead for is 10-ga, the Goose Howizer.

Lead is costing, depending on where, upwards of $40-45 for 25 pounds shot. You can math out 16 1-oz loads per pound.

Steel is $16 for 10 pounds, which is modestly close to 20 pounds of lead in usage (shells per pound), because you use more volume to less weight.

Just go for Hevi-Shot, at $150 for 7 pounds (a year ago), and my 10-ga, which would use over 2 ounces of lead, uses 1 1/2 ounces of steel, or 2 ounces of tungsten-laced.
    $80 for just 2 pounds, looked up just now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 shells per pound, $2 a pound, or $40 a pound?

Now go price some Barnes non-lead bullets up against perfectly good Hornady Interlocks.

12-ga boxes of 25 shells are selling around $6 a box now.

12ga non-lead are selling (for steel) ($30 a box or more, tungsten-laced, $40 for ten shells.
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

I have been casting bullets and melting down wheel weights for quite a few years. Other than doing this activity outdoors, no special precautions. I have handled wheel weights, ingots and cast bullets until my hands are covered. I've spent over 45 years shooting, many times on indoor ranges with poor ventilation, the kind where your nostrils are black when you get home.
    Sudden onset of hypertension and considerable investigation with my doctor caused me to throw out lead poisoning as a factor to investigate.
    Blood tests for same came back below normal acceptable levels.
    So much for that!
    More likely to get high levels from old amalgam fillings in your teeth (all of which dentist replaced)!
    Just another BS attack on gun rights with no verifiable scientific proof. If you believe in the lead contamination threat, you bought into global warming ...
    Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence.
    Thomas Jefferson

"forested wetland"....I like that one

Exposure to lead is undeniably hazardous. Disregarding for the moment the potential to wildlife foraging in a highly contaminated wetland, the biggest potential problem a gun range presents to the public is leaching of lead into the groundwater and that's where regulatory agencies or activist groups can attack you. But lead doesn't leach all that readily in soil unless it's an acidic environment and the conditions are right. As painful as it sounds, now days if i were to open a new large outdoor range I would consider determining the direction groundwater travels, put some down-gradient groundwater monitoring wells in, and have yearly testing done by a 3rd party environmental firm. That's $15k - $20k up front and $1k/year for testing. It's a valid strategy to ward off the kooks - you will never exceed EPA levels in those down-gradient wells and you will have proof your range is not a hazard to the environment. People with environmental agendas are never going away so beat them at their own game.
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by DC Gun Nut View Post
    There's a LOT of those...................... in Louisiana, Mississippi, I think the Carloinas (I see Bobby Goodson deforesting them all the time).
    I don't always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Sounds like you have never been anywhere near New Orleans. All the Cypress Trees, swampland, and alligators you could EVER want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    Sounds like you have never been anywhere near New Orleans ...
    Or the Olympic Peninsula. (Not to mention what percentage of Alaska???)
    I'm always looking for rare varieties of 9x18 ammunition.

Mauser shot below the 40th parallel in northern California

Quote Originally Posted by bentwrench View Post
    I'll play the devils advocate here for just a second.

The EPA doesn't care about guns, state wetland management and water quality programs don't care about guns. They DO care a great deal about heavy metal contamination of wetlands and water ways.

Running a shooting range over wetlands is going to contribute to heavy metal runoff and if it is detected downstream, you are liable to clean it up. Now I am not talking about shooting ducks out on the pond, I am talking about a shooting range with significant volume of fire. Figure how many pounds of lead get shot a day and add up all the days the range had been open... you get my drift.

Running a shooting range over water is a bad idea, on most ranges lead can be recovered from the backstops and runoff is minimal, other wise there would have been regulations on the matter already.

Here is a fascinating read on the topic published by NSSF

http://www.nssf.org/ranges/rangereso...adMobility.pdf
    Good post and good link. Lead knows no political party.

CDFingers
    I'm one of the rifles behind every blade of grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo6 View Post
    Sounds like you have never been anywhere near New Orleans. All the Cypress Trees, swampland, and alligators you could EVER want.
    You missed my point Ronbo. I was pointing to the caveat of how "wetlands" are now forested. "Forested wetlands" sounds just like something an environmentalist, communist democrat would make up so they could justify the continued encroachment of our private property rights or use the moniker as a land grab for the federal government land collectors.

Well, the important part of this thread IMO is that anti-lead is gonna be used to take away our shooting and gun rights. They will use every reason to reduce our shooting and rights and lead is a method to do it. They will use EPA, whoever.

True. What has been determined as "Wetlands" has reached the ridiculous . Any damp spot is considered a wetland. I remember reading about some guy back east who had his property labeled wetland, after he applied for a building permit or something like that and it was denied. Maybe somone can enlighten me, BB
    You missed my point Ronbo. I was pointing to the caveat of how "wetlands" are now forested. "Forested wetlands" sounds just like something an environmentalist, communist democrat would make up so they could justify the continued encroachment of our private property rights or use the moniker as a land grab for the federal government land collectors.

If the lead from firearms was such an environmental catastrophe, most of Europe would have become uninhabitable nearly a century ago.

my club range is located on NYC Water shed lands that even tho were are 75 miles north of NYC they tried shutting us down saying that the lead "COULD" migrate through rainfall into their water system... we found out through doing a enviromental study. that if we put lime on our range the lime would encapsulate any lead in the soil and keep it from migrating off property..
    the first application of lime was huge..... hundreds of yards of lime spread over the entire range area.... then every 3 months afterwards, for 2 years now we only have to do it once a year..

we also mined our burms and made enough money from selling the copper and lead as scrap to pay for the lime... at the time lead was $1,200 a ton.. and our burms had never been mined... didn't take long to get Tons.....

problem avoided with the commies in NYC... although .... i do pee in the streams now and then just because.... lol
    The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

I'm from the government I'm here to help... Ask a Native American how that work'd out.

I WILL NOT COMPLY!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote".
    Benjamin Franklin

This isn't really about lead. The club abutts a high end neighborhood of Mc mansions populated by yuppies and trust fund slackers that don't want to listen to the gunfire. In fact, everything east of the club to the sea, some 3 miles or so, is like that, you need at least a pallet of Franklins to buy anything east of US. Rte 1. Miller is a fine one to be talking about it. I believe it was his wife, a former 1 term state rep, who's one point agenda was to push through a statewide noise ordinance because she doesn't like the Harley Davidsons putting around town. (There is a very large HD dealership here that brings in a ton of money with their special events, charity rides, etc. but I digress. The local police chief stated he would not enforce the ordinance because he believes it is unconstitutional.) Where do the Millers live? about 3/4 of a mile off the end of the club rifle range.
    I am the grass. Let me work.

Range (Public use) is on military base (dates back pre-WWI) surrounded by other "ranges" (military use up to and including heavy artillery) in semi-circle around several square miles of "impact zone" long littered with years and years and tons and tons of bullets and all kinds of ordnance.
    During a (partially successful) attempt to upgrade the facility, of course, they had to do an "environmental study".
    The big wish on the list was extending a few of the rifle lanes from 200 to 1000yds. Now remember, there is nothing behind the berms but miles of scrub pines and sand... already probably 50% mixed with spent bullets never mined or removed.
    No can do ... because there is a puddle/muddle/stream/drainage ditch back there determined to be "wetlands".
    The place is overrun with wildlife of every description (not unusual to have deer and turkey walking across live firing line and abundance of "yotes").
    Nobody has ever seen one with extra legs or other strange deformities despite almost 100yrs of continuous use.
    Naturally, it is still a good part of the excuse for the military to have to switch to "green bullets".
    Thomas Jefferson

VIRGINA TECH....did a study...on lead....it stays were it lays encapsulated not polluting surrounding areas...
    we have lead in our feelings....live a long time...animals have less years to live....anyway...

200 years of lead and it killing just now.....no worse the then pollution of pesticides, fertilizers, industrial waste... urbanization of wet lands and other habits ....

just a few things that get bothered with when some one has a job to look into things like this!

Quote Originally Posted by DK PHILLIPS View Post
    VIRGINA TECH....did a study...on lead....it stays were it lays encapsulated not polluting surrounding areas...
    we have lead in our feelings....live a long time...animals have less years to live....anyway...

200 years of lead and it killing just now.....no worse the then pollution of pesticides, fertilizers, industrial waste... urbanization of wet lands and other habits ....

just a few things that get bothered with when some one has a job to look into things like this!
    DK, Is the Virginia Tech study on-line and if so do you have a link?
    One of my customers shoots trap at the club in question and I mentioned this discussion and the study to him. Hopefully they can use it as ammunition.
    I am the grass. Let me work.

Bullets fired at gun range may threaten groundwater

http://journalstar.com/news/local/bu...45470b58c.html

BEATRICE — Engineers are evaluating whether bullets fired at a training range used by Beatrice police posed any threat to groundwater.
    City Water Superintendent Steve Kelley said Olsson Associates has been retained to evaluate the situation and explore possible remedies after a monitoring well drilled near the range showed traces of lead.
    Public Works Manager Tobias Tempelmeyer said there's no real health risk at the moment, but the situation is something to monitor to ensure there won't be a problem later.
    He said water from the affected area does not intersect with the water that filters to Beatrice for residential use.

*The "idea" spreads ...
    Prepare for test wells on a range near you!!
    Note that any "ground water" contamination is totally disconnected from any water source used for human consumption but it is a great premise for going after a range.
    Surely, they will follow with some environmental nut searching for endangered frogs...
    Thomas Jefferson

cpw is offline Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member

Quote Originally Posted by db2044 View Post
    'Big Area of Potential Lead Poisoning' Could Close Gun Club

http://hampton-northhampton.patch.co...mpton-gun-club

The state has issued a cease and desist order to the Hampton Rod and Gun Club after a significant amount of lead shot and shotgun wads were found in wetlands and running water on the property.

The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services sent the letter on Dec. 3 after an Aug. 15 inspection determined that "at least 40,000 square feet of forested wetland and 275 linear feet of perennial stream had been filled or otherwise impacted as a result of shooting activities" on the property, located off Atlantic Avenue in North Hampton.

The club, used by local residents and the North Hampton and Rye police departments for range shooting and target practice, doesn't have a permit to deposit clay targets and spent ammunition and casings in wetlands or surface water because this kind of action violates environmental laws, according to NHDES.

NHDES "requests" in the letter that the club "Immediately refrain from shooting activities over and in wetlands and surface waters" that result "in the ongoing discharge of lead shot/bullets and or other wastes or pollutants." This could force the club to "cease" shooting activities "in some or all areas of the current range" to meet this request, according to the letter.

It isn't yet determined if and how local bodies of water and water supplies have been affected by the lead and shooting range waste, as those tests are among the several remediation actions and investigations NHDES plans to oversee.

North Hampton selectmen were extremely concerned Monday night after learning of the contamination, though. Selectman Larry Miller said the board and town "need to make sure DES is accountable to holding [the club] accountable" for any dangers to public health and safety.

"This is a big area of potential lead poisoning," said Miller. "I want to make sure we stay on top of this."

NHDES has also asked that the club submit by March 1 a plan showing conditions on the property and the various measures the club must take to correct problems revealed by investigations into the impacts to soil, surface water, groundwater and sediment "in and around the target range and the pistol/rifle range" at the club ...

*OMG! LEAD! Terror tactic of using DEP to attack and close shooting facilities isn't new but obviously remains a weapon in their arsenal for the never ending quest.
    Despite lack of testing. Despite definitive proof. Despite any attempt at remediation. Let's just close it down because the evil GUN is used there.
    Maybe someone should find out who filed the complaint, dump a load of something on his lawn, and call the DEP on him.

One of these days, they will be going after the club I belong to. It has 5 position trap range. Drains into a lake, which overflows into a creek. It has never been mined since the club opened in 1936. A big potential problem.
    Charlie