Default M85 PAP SBR conversion to underfolder

I have some questions about converting my M85 to an under-folder. First let me say that this will be done according to all ATF regs. Now if this m85 ends up having the serial on the front end of the receiver like most of the newer ones do I'd like to do and under-folder conversion. What will need to be done here? I understand that the rear trunnion is an un-drilled under-folder trunnion. Will this require milling and the trunnion removed or will it just be 3 holes drilled through the assembly? Also can I use a Romanian under-fold stock? These go for $30 around here vs. $150 for the yugo.
    Last edited by texcl2; 12-12-2013 at 01:18 PM.

If you., or a gunsmith you may use is skilled at building and have a template it can be done with the rear trunnion on the weapon.
    You will have to drill 8 holes for the underfolder assembly.
    A Romanian singe side locking folder is not a good fit nor are they particularly rigid and are downturned profile vs the Yugo type which is double side locking, more rigid and straight line to the receiver. Arms of America has the stock and locking assembly for $89. The M92 stock fts the M85 http://armsofamerica.com/ak-4774stocks.aspx
    The M92 rear trunnion will not work in the M92 unless you use the AKbuilder shims etc..
    Last edited by AKBLUE; 12-12-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks for the link and the info. I suppose it's worth paying a little more now for the yugo stock assembly. Are there any gunsmiths around that would do just the receiver/trunnion work for a reasonable price? I could probably do it but don't want to make a mess of it and end up with a fugly sbr. I was going to fit a vz58 stock to it but I know I will be unhappy with it in the long run because Yugos never came with that type of set up. I originally thought I would make this a cheap SBR that way. Still haven't decided. If I end up putting a rail on the top cover it won't be "authentic" either so guess I need to decide what road to go down. I guess if it ends up with the serial on the rear then I will have no other choice but to use a side folder.

The rail on the cover is not really noticeable and compared to slapping a VZ stock on the rear ., it is a light mod. There are other stock options like CNC Warrior style and they sell fully modified M92's etc., Check out their site for more info, parts., front plunger assembly and so forth,.

I have not decided to pay the $200 stamp for a SBR in my builds yet., so., I went full-on mod and built a M92B1., fixed stock 16 inch barrel with bulged trunnion and 1.5mm receiver. This was a FUBAR M92 demilled kit I purchased that needed full rework so I went stupid with it. A very good shooter I might add.

I have a M85 kit that I am planning a triangle sidefolder or underfolder with 16 inch barrel., but have not started it yet.

The front end will be similar to this assembly I have mocked up>

Speaking of turning pistols into rifles, anybody make a screw/pin on barrel extension for the PAPs?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbullets View Post
    Speaking of turning pistols into rifles, anybody make a screw/pin on barrel extension for the PAPs?
    akpartskits has them and some PBS 5 types if you Google you might find a PBS5 barel extension in 26mmx1.5 fir the Yugo PAP. I have one fir sale if interested ., send PM.

http://blackthorneproducts.com/cart/...products_id=15

Back in the day the easiest way I found to get the hole pattern correct was to use an UF trunnion laid on the rear of the receiver to mark the holes. I'd lay it where it needed to go then hit it with some spray paint to mark the holes. Being that you are drilling an already riveted firearm you'll either have to get a trunnion using the same rivet pattern or just accept losing some accuracy due to the offset. I'd always drill undersize holes and dremmil to fit regardless so I don't think that would be a huge deal either way.
    When your smiling the whole world smiles with you