Gunboards Forums banner

******* Landmines

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Ranger Z 
#1 ·
Anybody ever hear of these? A guy showed me how to build them, but I would never plant one on my property unless we were invaded. All you use is a buckshot shotgun shell, a piece of plywood, a screw, short piece of pvc pipe and a small piece of luan from a cheap made door. I wouldn't want to step on that thing. Ouch. There may be stae or federal laws about these things. Like I said, last ditch survival tool.

#2 · (Edited)
A favorite trick of the Viet Cong. They used to put a nail in the bottom of a piece of bamboo with a round in it, someone steps on it and forces the round into the nail- boom. Cheap and effective.

"My dog leaves land-mines all over the place in the park!"

#7 ·
The steel insole in the US GI's combat boot was for Punji sticks not the .223 or .308 rounds you spoke about above.

#8 ·
They make a thing that you are supposed to put some type of signal flare in but a readily adaptable to shot gun shell. The come with a spring-loaded triggering device, screws for mounting and trip wire. Not sure of the laws.

By the way, we are being invaded. From south of the boarder & from them damn yankees trying to get away from the big city & high taxes.

#14 ·
While these things sound good, in reality they are like the trip flares we used to set up. It will let you know someone is out there, but they aren’t going to stop anyone. At least with a trip flare you could see exactly where they were.

When a round detonates outside of a chamber it is really very unspectacular. If it isn’t in a pipe or something to contain the pressure, it will just rupture the case, the bullet will not go much of anywhere and the only danger is that you might get a very minor cut from a brass fragment.

Of course that will not stop the powers-at-be from prosecuting you and making it sound like you were endangering every man woman and child in a 10 mile radius. My advice is to leave those things to the gun-show-commandos and keep the ammo for your gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.