Gunboards Forums banner

Red Army Standard 94-gr FMJ Chronograph Test

4K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  potmetal 
#1 ·
This is the first commercial 9x18 that we've been offered from the Lugansk plant in the Ukraine. The Lugansk factory has made military 9x18 for years and the weight and velocity of the bullet are close to military specifications.

The ammo shoots accurate. You can tell it has a bit more kick than rounds that are loaded below 1,000 fps. The 25 rounds I shot did not fail to feed and I had no fail to fires. I was impressed at the consistency - if you delete the round that shot 1,007 fps the rest of the velocities were tightly grouped . The first 6 rounds I shot only varied by 12 fps.

I'm running a "Bright nail test" to check if the primer is corrosive. So far the results indicate that it is not. I'll post on that in the next couple days.

Red Army Standard 94-gr FMJ
(20 rounds tested)

Manufacturer: Lugansk Cartridge Works, Lugansk, Ukraine. Imported by Century Arms International
Headstamp: Red Army LU 9x18 MAK
Cartridge Case: Polymer coated steel case, non-corrosive Berdan primer with red seal
Bullet: Two bullets weighed: 93.7, 94.5-gr; lead core bi-metal jacketed (copper clad steel) bullet with concave exposed lead base
Magnetic: Both case and bullet are magnetic

OAL (ins)

Range: 0.972 - .980
Avg: 0.975

Velocity (fps)

Range: 1007 - 1070
Avg: 1036
ES: 63
SD: 15

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.