Gunboards Forums banner

7n6 dansammo ditzy girl

5K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  mriddick 
#1 ·
On Monday dans ammo said my crate was going to be sent out on Wednesday. On Wednesday I called and they said it was going out on Wednesday. Today I called and some girl (who acted like a friend of a friend of a worker) answered and said it would ship tomorrow (Friday). The girl I talked to today was a poor representative for any business as she couldn't understand basic sentences like "Would you be able to give me my tracking # for my shipment?" and "My name is blah blah". When she looked it up she acted like she just didn't care. I seriously doubt she even looked it up. So I just checked the website and they said all orders that were placed will be filled. We'll see about that I guess.

#2 ·
I was at your predigement last year with sportsman guide. BO took three months.GL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
As soon as word started about the ammo ban , I called them to order 2 cans. Probably the same girl told me to call back later in the evening when it was quiet as she couldn't take an order for hours.
I ordered online ........ NOTHING ..............
I have sent an email ............... NOTHING........
You know this was my 1st and last experience with these jokers ......... 3 attempts and homie can't seem to get his order.
I found someone else willing to take my money.
And I figure if I have to FIGHT a company to take my money .......... what's going to happen should there be a PROBLEM?
I think someones underachiever daughter who couldn't hold a job flipping burgers must have been put in charge.

#4 ·
Maybe, just consider how busy they probably are and maybe...waiting till there's a ban is not the best time to order and expect the best customer service :) I understand you all want you ammo but there's probably no worse time to be ordering then after the feds ban something.

#5 ·
I met the girl that works for Dan. She is the nicest person you can meet!!
Everyone at Dans they are working crazy hours trying to Keep with the online orders that keep pouring.
Maybe you catch her in a bad time(still that isnt acceptable), but overall she is a great person, she always been great with me when i place my orders(couple yrs now).
You can always ask to talk to Dan, if you feel that you dont be treated right.

Dan he has always treat his customers with respect and make things right.

#6 ·
They were very nice to me on the phone. I ordered online and like everyone else I got a confirmation but the order was never placed. I called, girl I talked to was very nice and helped me place the order.
They were and are extremely busy there but she took the time to help me out.

Not happy with the price, but they shipped it the next day and shipping charges were fair.

#8 ·
My issue is that if they say that something will be sent out on a certain day (2 days after the first call) then it should be sent out. And when you call 4 days after the order and a day after it was suppose to be sent out and it still isn't (or it could be but one could never tell by talking with her) then that is just messed up. If they know how to take a payment then they should know how to print a label and put it in the daily UPS pickup pile. Take the order/payment and print a label. Simple.

#9 ·
yeah totally simple. now multiply by 1500 customers, and intersperse the day with unending interruptions from everyone of them who isn't holding their ammo within 72hrs. Then drop it on the sales department with almost no warning.

A burger takes <1min to make. You're not waiting in the drive through cause they're making your burger inefficiently, you're waiting in the drive through for them to finish making all the orders in front of you. If they're the only place even selling burgers, everything is going to take longer and cost more.

#10 ·
And I suppose they brought this on themselves if they told everyone that their package would be shipped two days after order, like mine. I don't have a problem with a shipment going out 7 days later if that is what it is going to be, but don't say it's going out in two days if you are buried and they know it won't be shipped then. That's not good service.

#11 ·
You want some cheese with your whine?

Obviously, you have never been in the business of customer service.

I have! And, as MRRiddick has stated, now is surely not the time to order ammo, and expect a "timely" reply.

I can only (with a cringe) imagine the grief those poor folks are going through, trying to please everyone.

Patience is surely a virtue that is uncommon now a days.

Try walking a mile in their shoes before casting dispersions on their "ditsieness"

Wendell

#12 ·
Yeah! Kursk! Who you think you are?
You should call those people back this instant and apologize for being such a crappy customer.

Lot of talk about markets nowadays and how you run them.
Well I used a rule myself.
I used the old rule about "when you don't take care of your customers, someone else will"
I sit here after 3 attempts to order from dans and no-go.
I did get it elsewhere though ....... how THOSE folks managed to pull off taking an order and getting me my product in one shot will never be know.
It literally boggles the mind to think about.

I feel your pain though kursk , I know what you're saying.:thumbsup:

#13 ·
Yea isnt it just mind boggling?!?! To think that when DansAmmo is plastered on all, and I mean all, AK related forums withing a day of the ban. And all of a sudden every panniced buyer and their closest freinds are calling, faxig and emailing .....to think that they will just instantly have your stuff set to go and have answers for you and the 10k other people right away. Seems to me like they are taking care of the customers but are clearly overloaded. The horror that you have to wait...OMFG!!!!

Im not in the ammo selling business but i am in a field where i deal with customers. To say that most act like children when their stuff hasnt arrived the very second promised is an understatement.

#20 ·
Well that's good.
And poor service and lack of patience are 2 different things , not sure where everyone seen "a lack of patience" on your part , but people tend to read things differently sometimes.

I did see on the web site stating that everyone will get their order.
My 3 attempts were before yours.
Want to bet mine never arrives?
But that's ok, I really don't want it now.
I thought about "officially" canceling it , but I believe it would screw something up and I'd end up getting 3 orders or something.
Best to leave sleeping dogs lie.

#32 ·
Well that's good.
And poor service and lack of patience are 2 different things , not sure where everyone seen "a lack of patience" on your part , but people tend to read things differently sometimes.
Best to leave sleeping dogs lie.
A sensible response after a sensible interpretation. Now, off to Micky D's house.

#24 ·
I think I ordered a case from them, but I'm not sure, I entered in all my info, credit card, hit submit, but no email, just crossing my fingers, I don't have time to call. Sgammo is about the same price after shipping, but at least I know they know how to operate a business.

#25 ·
Well what do you know, I received a credit card charge from dans ammo. At least my Amex card acknowledged the purchase , that gives me hope that I may get some ammo. Now I will have two cases, one from dans, and one from sgammo.

Trouble is that I don't have anything that will fire 7n6 at this time. Might have to work on that

#26 ·
Dan's had the lowest price on a just banned item in the U.S. Most buyers probably turned to them and they got buried in orders. They need to be given a little slack in my opinion.

I believe this is far from over. I expect some administrative action with imports on 922(r). Before the election to rally the base or after the election with nothing to loose so as to go out in "gun ban glory".

#27 ·
I believe this is far from over.
Yep...

Our "politicians" in Washington, D.C. have "figgered out" that the chances of nullifying the 2nd Amendment are nil... For the last 20 or so years they have been doing everything they can to "gut' the 2nd Amendment by keeping ammunition out of the hands of gun owners...
They will continue to ban ammo, one caliber at a time, until they achieve their goal...

Anyone that really thinks ATF is simply "doing their job" needs to re-consider the situation...

#35 ·
The more expensive an activity becomes the fewer new people enter it because of cost or those established in the activity may drop out. We need cheap ammo to keep new blood coming into the shooting sports and holding on to those already there. We need that for political lobby power.

#38 ·
When I started shooting in the 1960's I could buy surplus .45 and 9mm ammo for a few cents a shot. Ammo and gas prices as mentioned on a previous post are both held artificially high because of recent government laws, regulations and ideology. Release the government blocks on imports and we would be awash in cheap imported military surplus ammo especially 7.62x39, 7.62x25. Release the government blocks on fossil fuel development in the U.S. would be a leader in cheap fossil fuels.

#41 ·
The lady at Dan's was pretty rude when I called. I thought maybe it was just a bad day or something but a pal I shoot with had a similar experience last week.

But whatever. Ammoman had 5.45 in stock so I gave them my money. Vote with your wallet and all that...

#42 ·
I've done business with Dan Tobin for more than 15 years. During this recent turmoil I purchased 2 "like new" G 23's and 1k of 40 s/w ammo. All went as planned, another flawless transaction. I did call Dan a couple of times for status. I kinda thought Dan was on overload trying to fill orders for the 5.45 ammo. At no time was there any rudeness, just calm, polite conversation as always. Dan is the best, always understates condition and stands by what he sells. I really wish there were more Dan's in the business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.