Default M1A flash hider question ??

Hi guys !

Is there any problem with removing a standard Springfield Armory M1A flash hider assembly and replacing it with one with a bayonet lug legal ,technical or other wise ? I dont live in Kali. I assume they are lock tighted on and would be a bear to get off. Thanks for any assistance.

Dean

They ain't locktighted on, if you have the right tool they are fairly easy. They do require a wee bit of fitting, I might suggest you just send the barrelled action to Fulton Armory and have them do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSchmidt View Post
    Hi guys !

Is there any problem with removing a standard Springfield Armory M1A flash hider assembly and replacing it with one with a bayonet lug legal ,technical or other wise ? I dont live in Kali. I assume they are lock tighted on and would be a bear to get off. Thanks for any assistance.

Dean

You can buy the castlenut pliers from several different sources and don't forget to remove the allen screw. Tapping the old one with a soft hammer usually frees them up, just takes a smooth steady approach and she's off.

Thanks for the responses guys. Maybe this question should be on a different thread but I was wondering also what people think of the Fulton Armory M1As as opposed to the Springfield Armory guns. I guess what I am tyring to do is get as close as legally possible to an original GI M14.

Should be no problem now with the Feds with a bayo lug on any rifle.

Fulton's receivers are made by Armscorp and are going to be as good as or better than Springfield's newer ones. If you are looking at using as many USGI parts as possible then you will need to go to Fulton or another custom dealer, or find an older M1A. If you're looking primarily for appearance, then any current rifle will have or can be fitted with a bayonet lug.

For a faithful appearance, you can easily get a USGI birch or fiberglass stock, a correct sling, and a dummy selector lever.

They're very neat rifles.

Totally legal. Be sure to get an original F.H. --Call Sarco or look in Shotgun News.

with the pliar its simple and if i can do it - its easy too , BTW - i did do it

Thanks for the responses guys. I called Springfield and they said that it should not be a problem on the standard barrel but the match barrels would require some fitting.

Dean