Gunboards Forums banner

I carry a gun because....

5K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  JPS 
#1 ·
#39 ·
John, I hope it's ok to call you that instead of JPS, you have a very interesting collection in these photo's. I envy what you're showing, and can't fathom what your entire collections must be like. I can see by your other post's on the board and these photo's that you've lived a very interesting life. I'm happy you've been blessed. Regards, Richard

#46 ·
Please excuse me for going OT to respond Gents!

Hello Richard,

Our Grandmother on my Father's side lived with us while we were growing up. Nana, the traditional Irish name for a Grandmother, used to tell me going back as far as I can remember, that I was "born under a lucky star." For a long time, I simply assumed that Nana told me this because I was named after her Father. She never once said this to any of my three Brothers and two Sisters, only to me. I can only suggest that Nana knew something that I didn't? She passed away in her sleep in the front bedroom of our home at the age of 93. While a lot of luck is born of hard work, that alone does not explain exactly how luky I have been for the past 60 years! I'll be headed back to Africa for two months for both business and pleasure. I do at times find it somewhat amazing that a kid from the South side of Chicago feels perfectly at home on his own with two Bushmen trackers and 200 square miles of the Kalahari Desert to play in! ;>)

I was indeed "born under a lucky star!"

Always a pleasure Richard. If you ever make it out our way, you are always welcome at the Sheehan Museum!

Warmest regards,

John

Vacation
Vertebrate Felidae Leopard Jaguar Cheetah
Rock python Python Burmese python Reptile Python family
Fawn
Terrestrial animal Leopard Felidae Wildlife African leopard
Trophy hunting Hunting Safari Terrestrial animal Wildlife

Trophy hunting Working animal
Trophy hunting Wildebeest Wildlife biologist Hunting Terrestrial animal
Trophy hunting Safari Hunting Recreation Working animal
Egg Soil
Vacation Tourism
Safari Hunting Trophy hunting Wildlife Recreation

#41 ·
I carry a gun .... because even though we do not have #1 and #2 this year, we do have 3 cities on the top 10 most dangerous list. #2 Flint, #5 Saginaw, and #6 Detroit, makes one so proud ;), 3 in one state! One does wonder of course if Detroits slide in the list is due in part to the new police chief endorsing firearms ownership, CC, and defending ones home with deadly force if one is forced to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.