Gunboards Forums banner

Tv Mak sighting

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  qwiksdraw 
#1 ·
Was flicking channels in the hospital the other night, had total hip replacement on Monday, and I saw a show on CNN Anthony Bourdain was hosting on Moscow and just as I got there there was a shot of Vladamir Putin shooting a Mak. My wife was of course impressed with my vast knowledge and showed it with an appreciative eye roll when I mentioned this interesting fact.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, if the second recovery period ends with results similar to the first in December I will be a happy camper indeed. It will be worth every bit of discomfort now.

In the piece I saw there was a montage of Putin clips, the Mak he was wearing a suit, fishing with his shirt off, my wife was decidedly not impressed with his chest musculature or scarcity of chest hair, then the obligatory shot with a Dragunov I believe it was.

#9 ·
PBS has a show on Tuesday night that dealt with the conflict in the Ukraine. Scenes of some of the Russian supporters showed them with Maks. One guy left his Mak on the table in front of him during the interview. The camera went to it a couple times. It was a model with the fixed rear sight.

#12 ·
Yes apparently they did use PMs in that movie. I got a dummy prop Makarov along with some Red Dawn related papers that was supposed to have been usedin the movie. From 5 feet away the thing looks real. It is light, maybe 6 ounces, with a "blued" painted finish with typical Bakelite red-brown grips. There is even a steel lanyard loop. It is made of some semi rigid urethane I believe with the grips being added on after molding. I have had lot of fun suddenly tossing it to friends to see their reaction. It was molded from a Chinese ZZ series Makarov as the serial number is present. Its just another weird path Makarov collecting has led me down. Regards, ABTOMAT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.