Thread: Mannlicher M88 sporter in 7x57R

Default Mannlicher M88 sporter in 7x57R

I saw one yesterday, Steyr-made straight-pull, with double set triggers, 4x32 scope in claw mounts, like new bore, engraved and custom stocked. I like it, the price isn't too bad, and I have a lot of 7x57R ammo available (reloading is out of question unfortunately), but am a bit concerned as I can't see any proofmarks. On the other hand the pressure of 7x57R (3000 bar) is a bit milder than 8x50R (3100 bar) so it should be OK... Any comments are welcome. Thanks, Jani
    Last edited by montenegrin; 03-26-2008 at 07:48 AM.

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

I'd be interested in some pics if you have any.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Sorry but no pictures are available at present, I saw it in a gunshop in another town, while my pocket camera was resting at home... Jani