Gunboards Forums banner

Alliant Power Pistol Powder

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Tom Norton 
#1 ·
Says this powder is for moderate cartridges. Anyone used this powder and if so how accurate did you find your rounds?

#2 ·
Ive been using it in 10mm and 38 super, I like it, meters well in my Lyman 55. I only shoot 75-100 rounds of each at any one time so it's not dirty that I can tell, no dirtier than anything else. I really like it, in fact I was able to get 8lbs today. I'm branching in to 9mm Luger, .45ACP, Makarov, Tokarev, etc and need to see what data I can find for that powder.

#3 ·
Its ok. It is slightly suboptimal in volume based systems as it has large, irregular shaped grains so airspace varies enough to matter for high-accuracy (competition quality) loads. That said if you have a good scale system or only need "normal" (as good as factory) accuracy, it is more than fine. It should do well in anything between about 9mm to 357 or so. My one and only dislike of it is the volumetric problem... otherwise its as good as anything else for the range of calibers it was made to service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.