Gunboards Forums banner

Got me a second Makarov

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  qwiksdraw 
#1 · (Edited)
I just couldn't pass up the Makarov (top) it came with a holster and 3 magazines. Took out out yesterday and ran 7 mags (56 rds) and it performed 100%, more fun than the law allows.

One cool thing is that both Maks have stamped on them "Big Bear Arms, Dallas TX". My first one has no import stamps but the second one does.

Yea, I know the Russian Commercial Makarov doesn't get the respect of the milspec models, but I like them. More importantly, my eyes like the sights on them.

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice looking pair of Makarovs. A Russian commercial 9x18 was the first of my almost 20 Makarovs that I've owned. Have only a 380 version left in that type but always remember that first Mak purchase. Having what you like is more important in gun collecting following every buying trend that pops up. I have 12-13 FEG handguns simply because I like them.

This post has been deleted
#8 · (Edited)
Hello, I am new to this forum. I hope I am posting in the right place. I recently acquired a Bulgarian makarov....
Welcome to the forum. You will find the forum a great resource.

lincen pretty much said it all.

We want to see a pic and a range report from you. Yea, we all know what your Mak looks like, we just like looking at the pretty pictures.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Makarov purchase.

If you take the slide off the frame you can try to place a live round of each caliber into the chamber of the barrel. If it is a 380 the 9x18 will not go in. If it is a 9x18 barrel, both will fit in the chamber with the 380 going in a little deeper. If it is a 9x18 barrel it is not a good idea to shoot 380 through it.

If you have calipers you can double check by measuring the barrel at the muzzle. I search on this forum will give you the proper dimensions as this topic has been discussed from time to time in the past.

Please let us know how it goes, I'm sure some other may respond with more useful info as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.