Gunboards Forums banner

..like my Maks mucho, but..

5K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  bvd1 
#1 ·
I rotate taking our pistols to the range and put 25-50 rounds thru each on each visit so took our 2 Maks (along with a couple of other pistols) to the range today and had my shooting mind refreshed to the fact that these aren't shooting-for-great-accuracy range target shooting pistols

they're super for what they were built to do - "getting the job done at 7-10 yards" - but for accuracy, even at those close distances, they don't rank too high

they're a couple of my favorites and I'll never give 'em up, but they simply aren't spot-on accurate

#40 ·
We need a smiley - DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

#41 ·
My first question, Whisky, would be "What grip do you have installed on your Makarov?"
If it's the factory grip, you may want to try the Pearce grip or another aftermarket grip.
It the grip doesn't fit your hand well, and comfortably, you won't be able to get good groups from it.

My next question is how does the muzzle crown look?
You could have a damaged or poorly cut crown.
Or, you could have a bad barrel.

And, it is possible that it is operator error.

Mine have been very accurate. A fixed barrel is more conducive to consistent accuracy than a locked breech recoil operated pistol.
http://www.theboxotruth.com/educational-zone-16-great-firearms-the-9-x-18-makarov/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.