Gunboards Forums banner

Cool Makarov holster

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ABTOMAT in memoriam 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking around on YouTube and ran across this video, what do you guys think? Seems this holster has alot of versatility, has anyone here tried it or something similar?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XYen4bXV3hs

#2 · (Edited)
Yeah there have, if memory serves me, been several conversations on them in the past. A bit gimmicky for me, plus it adds a step in the draw process which will slow the process down in an emergency. Add to that cover clothing, which you have to insure does not get caught in the added movement, and the added time and movement might make the difference between a successful engagement and not. Also, not entirely sold on the ability to securely hold the handgun under movement and clothing. I think there is a show of it on one of the Deadliest Warriors shows where Spetznatz was showcased. Cannot remember if it was the Green Beret or IRA episode.

#5 ·
Hello. I've got one. It came with spare springs so you can adjust tension. These are flat stock and from experience, can come out of position. That said, the holster is fast, takes maybe a dozen or so repetitions to get the feel of it, and unlike a lot of speed holsters, the muzzle does not sweep your body. It will put wear marks on the safety and the right side of the frame. A wide, stiff belt works best with it. If you think of it in the same realm as the specialized holsters used on "race guns" it makes for a better comparison. Hi Bazamati2020! It is nice to see you here. Regards, ABTOMAT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.