Gunboards Forums banner

New IJ70-18A Owner

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  qwiksdraw 
#1 ·
Hello everyone ,
I just got an IJ70 - 18A from my local LGS today just on a whim as the price was right and needed something to compliment my Bulgy circle 10 . I plan on taking it to the range tomorrow afternoon for a test drive . What I would like to know is when adjusting the rear sights which way do you turn the screws for windage and elevation ?
Also from my search on this forum I understand that these adjustable rear sights can be prone to break . Are there any do's and don'ts that I need to be aware of before I go to the range and start to zero it in ?
Thanks in advance for your replies .
SG

#2 ·
I have an adjustable-sighted Makarov in .380. To lower elevation turn the top screw clockwise and you will see the sight move down. I can't recall which way to turn the windage screw, but it is a simple matter to turn it 3 or 4 clicks in one direction and observe which way the sight moves. The bullet impact will move in the direction that you move the rear sight. The sight may be fragile compared to the fixed sight but it has given me no problems. It may break if you drop the gun, but I don't plan on doing that and I have a fixed sight replacement just in case. It does make zeroing much easier. My commercial Makarov trigger was very stiff in the beginning, but after a few thousand rounds it is now very smooth. Of my 4 Makarovs, it is the most accurate, but not by much. Maybe the adjustable sight helps. Congratulations! Enjoy your gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.