Gunboards Forums banner

Newbie needing lots of help!!

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TENNESSEEAN 
#1 ·
Ok, guys this is the place to find info. so here I am.. I mak and I don't know what it is or what exactly is wrong with it.. First off, what is it.. Well it appears to be stainless with adj. sight on rear. The only numbers I can find on it is the left side of the frame.. A007823 there is another light number but can make it out too well.. appears to be pc077 and something else or pd077 something. that is all I can find. Now the problem with it is first the hammer will move left to right just a little. the gun fires fine in DA, but when you go to SA the hammer will not drop UNLESS you push it to the right. then you pull the trigger and it will drop. Can someone help me with these issues? I would really appreciate any help. would love to get this little gun up and running. thanks blue 1.

#3 ·
Ok, not a lot of information to go on so here goes. Sounds like you have a commerical Russian Mak, whether it's stainless or nickle doesn't matter but it sounds like on ofthe B West imports, some ofthem had very faint markings and aren't hard to remove either from holster wear or with a pencil eraser. Now for the problem, u state it will fire normally in DA but not in single action unless you push the hammer to the right. When you fire the gun from the DA then you try to pull the trigger to fire in SA and nothing happens or is it if you thumb cock the gun then will not fire, which way is it happening. If it fires in DA and then will not fire in SA try pushing the safety down and see if it will fire, same thing if you're trying to thumb cock the gun and fire it. Have you field stripped the gun and cleaned it? Go to the old makarov.com board and under the techincal information tab there's a ver good article that will show you how to detail strip the mak, you may have to take it apart to fix this problem.

#6 ·
I don't have a ton of experience but I have taken mine completely apart to re-finish it. These guns come apart easier than anything I have taken apart before. There are two decent youtube videos of taking apart a Makarov. The gun really only has one pin which the trigger guard pivots on. The parts themselves have pins built into them and the parts (like the hammer have to be turned a certain way to fit into groves in the frame. My guess is that is the built in pin on the hammer is worn you would get excessive side to side movement that could mess up the operation of the hammer. I would check this out as well as the holes in the frame and check for excessive wear. You may need new hammer.

#7 ·
First off, yes the safety is off.. I was thinking it was a Russian commercial. And it probably is and yes that other number is soooo faint. The hammer is not centered.. it tends to work its way to the left after you push it to the right.. And yes I have been finger cocking it mostly. Gun Trigger Revolver Starting pistol
I will reassemble and check it with the slide again, but it doesn't seem to matter.. I thought it could be the hammer and sear. was looking for info from more informed people... this has been a huge help so far, it seems I am on the right track.. will maybe try a short vid next so you guys can see

#11 ·
From your picture you have the gun detail stripped. A better picture would help but from what I see the frame hole for the hammer doesn't look right, it should be round and from the picture it looks worn, but that may just be the anfle of the picture. Either way with it apart any wear to the sear pins or hammer pins should be easy to see as well as wear to the frame holes. If it's the sear or hammer wear then that's a easy fix, if it's wear to the frame holes that's a whole different ball game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.