IWB Holsters for the P-83

Thread: IWB Holsters for the P-83

Default IWB Holsters for the P-83

Having just bought a Polish P-83, I was interested in a carry holster. Not knowing exactly what I needed, I ordered two: a Bianchi 6D size 9 and a De Santis Pocket-Tuk Model 11175.

The Bianchi doesn't work at all. It's much too small.

OTOH, the De Santis fits perfectly. Even though it isn't marked as being for the P-83, it is stated to fit the Makarov. It's also marked as being suitable for the Bersa Thunder 380, the Beretta 84, 85 & 86F and the Browning BDA 380.

So if you're looking for an inside the waistband holster for your P-83, the De Santis is worth a look. It is made in the USA and seems to be quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmygun View Post
    What defense load/s do you plan to carry? I'm staggering my Bulgarian Makarov magazines with Underwood 115gr. Hard Cast and Hornady 95gr. Critical Defense. Tmygun :-)
    I have a box of Blazer cartridges loaded with Speer Gold Dot hollow point bullets. I also reload for the 9x18 using 90 grain Gold Dot hollow points and 95 grain Sierra JHP bullets. I use the Sierra manual which gives a load for the 95 grain bullets at 1,000 FPS. I also cast bullets for the Mak. My carry loads will either be all Gold Dot Blazers or alternate FMJ and hollow points.

I suspect that in the run up to hunting season, the manufacturers have concentrated on hunting bullets. Like you, I can't find any HP Makarov bullets and very few FMJ bullets. Starline makes the brass and some of the loaded ammo has reloadable cases.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

When I carry my P-83 it rides in a Remora holster made for the Makarov. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarovii View Post
    When I carry my P-83 it rides in a Remora holster made for the Makarov. Works fine.
    +1 I have the same works great.
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Since my original post, I've picked up an Uncle Mike's size 1 IWB holster that also works well with my P83 and is a bit more comfortable than the De Santis.

I am carrying my P-83 in a Don Hume H715 M No. 10-3 1/2", I believe designed for a Colt Officer's model, but the P-83 fits perfectly. This gun carries easily IWB. I prefer carrying it even to my Bulgie Makarov, but they are very close. The P-83 just seems slightly more compact to me.

I also picked up a Remora holster, my first one, for the Makarov, with the Artemis cut and the partial body shield. Works nicely and is very comfortable inside a pair a jeans with a 1 1/2" belt. No moving around, no pushing up out of pants, no gun digging into my side.