Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tanfoglio Giuseppe GT 380 ACP

I recently inherited an ARMI Tanfoglio Giuseppe GT 380. I have fired it and it is pretty decent. Don't know much about the pistol and having more trouble finding anything on the web about them other than pics. Trying to get the Manufacture date, can't find it on the pistol (haven't taken it apart) unless it is hidden under the grips or something. Any info would be appreciated. I have attached a few photos

I have a F.I.E. E22 .22LR pistol made by Tanfoglio Giuseppe. Bought it new in 1986. It is the "Titan" model (also made in .32 and .380), but looks exactly like your photos.

Does this Numrich site for F.I.E. look close?

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productsch...680zTITAN%20II
    Last edited by Carbine; 04-02-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: sp

btw, I have a scanned image of my 4 page owners manual if you want a pdf copy e-mailed.

I had just dig out my book because the firing pin broke last week. Now I have to try to find the right part.

After shooting thousands of rounds in over twenty years, it had a pretty good life span I guess...

email me a copy please.....I haven't found much if any documentation on this pistol....thanks for the help...If I run across any info which may help you as well I will certainly pass it on....

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    email me a copy please...
    Will do.

List or PM me your Email address.

Please let me know if you find a parts source.

Here are the JPGs from the scanned user manual:

MFG date denoted with an Italian code may very likely be under grips, it is on some Spanish guns. I had an EAA import .380 European like this gun. It was accurate but woiuld only feed ball ammo and it would break small parts like the slide mounted safety so I got rid of it.

Default GT model .38C stainless

I have the same GT model .38C but in full stainless steel. Awesome looking handgun. When I have it out it gets lots of comments and they ask if it's a "baby" type Beretta. My firing pen broke years ago, gun smith had to manufacture one. If anyone has the manual on this thing, I would certainly appreciate an e-mailed copy of it. Also, just curious but would anyone know of a value on these? My father bought this one around 1983 and I inherited it. It's had maybe 2-3 boxes shot through it by me over the years. I'd say it's an 8 1/2 out of ten on condition. Thanks for the input. Stay safe.

Are you sure the gun is stainless? I though they only came in some sort of nickel or chrome plating. As for value around $150 they sell usually, around $200 it would take longer. Over $200 it would be a harder sell.

It's not chrome, and I'm pretty sure, 99%, it's not nickel. It's a mat finished steel. It looks like a modern stainless finish that you would see on todays handguns. I'll get some pics of it and post them. I just saw a blued finish model on Gunbroker for $240. It's getting bids and it's not in very good shape. (My opinion on the condition).

I just signed up on this forum and am looking for a firing pin for my Tanfoglio GT 32 auto. Do you know where to get a firing pin or am I going to have to have one made?
    Last edited by Solrac7; 09-21-2008 at 04:44 PM.

Default Tanfoglios

I have a GT25 Tanfoglio that is every bit as well made as my baby Browning. Bought it in a pawn shop years ago for $20.00 !! I bought it because it caught my eye due to the external hammer, pretty unusual for a pocket pistol. I did some research on Tanfoglio, they were a military contractor turning out pistols for the Italian military. After contract ended and new contract went to Beretta they didn't make it in the civilian market. It's been said they went under because they were so well made the production cost exceeded what the market would bear, they couldn't sell at the competition's price points. Company was sold to EAA and the 9MM design became the EAA Witness I believe.
    Earned, not issued!

Thumbs up

i bought a Tanfoglio-gardone 380 at gander mountain for 150.00 its awesome looking very good shape nice grips too

GT 38C extractor

I have a GT 380 and it wont eject shells. While firing it the extractor assembly flew out and couldnt find it. Does anybody know where I can find a replacement parts. Thanks

Default Just picked up this .380

Hi,
    I just picked up this Tanfoglio GT 38c and wondering if anyone knows where to find mags for it? Also, this was sold described as Stainless, but I assumed the 38"c" stood for chrome? I'm not totally sure by looking at it...
    Last edited by cunomor; 12-13-2008 at 10:43 AM.

Default 38c

I have a 38c model and it is blued. not chromed

Thanks. After taking it down and looking at it I'm pretty sure it is in fact stainless. Neat little gun. I wonder came up with that lame mag release? Is there some magic way to work that in less than 10 seconds? Pretty little gun otherwise.

please e-mail me a copy of the manual thanks

some of you have some real nice pictures of your tanfoglios and i didnt think there was any as elaborate as the ones i saw you post in existence. i bought a Tanfolgio GT .380 at a local gun show for 160.00. the first thing my older and wiser buddy pointed out is that the follower in the mag is made of pot metal and was pretty well deformed. he suggested i seek out a new mag. before i found the new mag (happens to actually be non-factory F.I.E. titan II mag, which works flawlessly save for the fact it does not catch the slide) when i first took it to the range i had a broken right hand so i was shooting left handed and the magazine was giving me alot of problems (follower getting jammed inside the mag, stovepiping which could be dues to weaker left wrist, and ejectiong live rounds.) well i got the new titan mag and shot it after my hand was better and it turns out to be a pretty nice gun, as far as a .380 goes. i fired it again with the factory mag (after doing some primitive bending and tapping on the metal to shape it out better) and it fired alright, but seemed to bend the follower out of shape some more.

i dont want to sound like a dumbass but i dont know very much about guns and was wondering what type of bullets this gun uses

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Randy45 View Post
    I recently inherited an ARMI Tanfoglio Giuseppe GT 380. I have fired it and it is pretty decent. Don't know much about the pistol and having more trouble finding anything on the web about them other than pics. Trying to get the Manufacture date, can't find it on the pistol (haven't taken it apart) unless it is hidden under the grips or something. Any info would be appreciated. I have attached a few photos
    This sounds exactly like what I have (for about 25 years). Mine is blue and getting some rust. I have wanted to strip it down and clean it thoroughly but I can't figure out how (a case of terminal dumbass on my part). Until finding this forum a few minutes ago, I didn't know anybody else had one of these guns. Any info on taking it apart would be appreciated.

Default New here

Im glad to finally find some info on this gun i just picked one up from a buddy. From what i here these pistols have big problems with hallow points but anyone have a suggestions on ammo that works great in one. BTW great pics here's mine

Default Beretta Puma

I have a .380 Beretta Puma that was a former Police backup gun. It looks identical to those Tangfolios you guys have. Are they the same gun?? Who actually made them? Nevermind. Mine is a tad different than those.
    Last edited by bootleggerspub; 04-30-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harrywizz View Post
    i dont want to sound like a dumbass but i dont know very much about guns and was wondering what type of bullets this gun uses
    Usually when stating "what type of bullets this gun uses", people mean to inquire about the caliber. As to the GT 380, it uses a .380 caliber cartridge, also referred to as 9mm kurz, 9mm corto, 9mm short and a couple other designations that mean the same thing or caliber.

Default Supertitan 32 auto

Gun has stamp "manual free from f.i.e. Miami-fla" viewed 4 page manual on this site for tanfoglio giuseppe (fie) mod e32-e380-e22, appears to be the same gun but it has no tanfoglio stamp and it has a 12 round magazine versus 7 round shown in the manual. Got it back in the 80's , shot it a few times and put it away, looking at it now because 32acp ammo is availiable. Need manual and magazines ???

Default titan,fie.gt380,excam

I literally sold hundreds of these guns in the eighties and early ninetys. They were a knockoff of the beretta but the mags do not interchange. Parts are plentiful and they did not make a stainless model. They retailed for about $129 to $149.00 dollars new. The mark up was so little that most retailers pulled the extra mag out of the box and sold it indvidually. These guns came in .25,.32, and .380. The company was litigated out of business and later resurfaced as EAA.

Quote Originally Posted by bvillars View Post
    The company was litigated out of business ......
    By whom? I must have missed this story.
    Damn the expense, use your turn signals today... and as a special favour, try doing it before you have two wheels in the next lane.

If the manual you have is different that the images posted
    please e-mail me also

[email protected]

I'll post pics of mine later. My father picked it up from a former deputy for a Florida Sheriffs dept that needed cash, was told it was dept issue, and came with a berretta leather holster. Mine is stainless as well I think.

Default I need firing pin safety, 380 blue #14.1

I recentley picked up one of these but mine is slightly different. It dont have the lever on the slide. After Armi it has F.LL. i think thats what it says. And the model it says TA380/2 Cal. 9mm Corto. Anyone have any idea what this is. Im thinking it might be a early model.

Ive done some research and this kinda looks like the super titan. The trigger saftey only can turn 90 degrees (either towards the front or stight down). Im missing alot of parts so who knows if it will ever fire.

It's the fireing pin safety not the trigger safety for the 380.
    Last edited by 38PLYM; 11-12-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Default .380

i recently bought a tangfolio .380 and dropped it. broke the mag plate at the bottom. i've ordered two from somewhere, can't remember, but they should be in this week. about $14 vs. one place that wanted $30. why the difference?
    cm

Default Need manual

Has anyone got a manual for a:

ARMI F.LLI TANFOGLIO-GARDONE V.T. - ITALY
    MOD. GT 380 XE CAL. 380 ACP

I recently got this gun and I'm having trouble finding a manual.

Default Tanfoglio

Ammo clips are available from ammoclip.com. Looks much like the Beretta and Tanfoglio just happens to be the manufacture of many of the older Berettas in circulation.. Snaproll

Looks much like the Beretta and Tanfoglio just happens to be the manufacture of many of the older Berettas in circulation.. Snaproll
    HUH??????

I just joined & have also inherited my brother's E380. As a sister who enjoyed going out with my big brother to shoot, I'd like to be able to maintain his collection. I can't get the trigger to un-cock on his chrome Mod. E380. He taught me about safely enjoying guns & I don't have the instruction manual to help me figure this out.
    Thanks for any help you offer. Katail

"I can't get the trigger to un-cock on his chrome Mod. E380"
    Katail, you probably figured out your pistol by now. I think the mag has to be inserted into the pistol for the trigger to work. I have a 32 acp Titan ll FIE Tanfoglio that works this way, rj

heres a pic of my FIE tanfoglio Super Titan ll 32 acp . Has 2 screws holding grips on, otherwise I think it is the same pistol as others have talked about. And the safety above the trigger points forward for safety on and down for firing instead of rearwards . It is a SA only for first shot meaning I have to manually cock it then pull trigger with the slide cocking each additional shot. Are your pistols SA or DA? thanks, rj

Last edited by rjmorel; 01-05-2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Katail View Post
    I just joined & have also inherited my brother's E380. As a sister who enjoyed going out with my big brother to shoot, I'd like to be able to maintain his collection. I can't get the trigger to un-cock on his chrome Mod. E380. He taught me about safely enjoying guns & I don't have the instruction manual to help me figure this out.
    Thanks for any help you offer. Katail
    Katail, I just purchased what I believe is the same pistol on GunBroker. From what I can tell, it is the exact same one as is marketed by EAA as the EA380. Unlike the one that rjmorel has posted photos of, it only has one grip screw per side. Following is a link to the pdf. of the user manual:

http://www.eaacorp.com/Manuals/ea380-manual.pdf

Hope this helps,
    Turkeestalker

Thanks,this will help me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast