Thread: Savage .22

Default Savage .22

I have an oportunity to buy a single shot, hand cocking rifle. It is marked Savage Arms,
    Springfield westfield Mass USA Model 120 series A. It is in excellent condition and has a one piece barrel and receiver like the Model 19. I can't find it listed anywhere. Do you have any idea what it is worth and when it was made? bbe

I did my best Google-fu on it and did not find much.

I would suggest asking the Savage forums on www.24HourCampfire.com

"Brave men tell the truth, a wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles. A woman holds her tongue, knowing silence will speak for her"--Royksopp

The Model 120 is basically the same as the Model 15 except the stock is a little different. Other than the stock, they are the same exact rifle. You might want to look here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=24. I don't know the years that these rifle were made. I have seen them go for anywhere from $50 - $150, but I would probably not pay more that $100 for one in excellent condition. You can find these rifles marked as Savage/Stevens/Springfield Model 15/120. They are very accurate little rifles. I have a 120 and my dad has a 15. Enjoy your rifle.