Gunboards Forums banner

Shot In the Dark At A Needle In A Hay Stack

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  vintovka 
#1 · (Edited)
About 35 years ago I built a CVA kit flintlock .45cal (?) Kentucky pistol. On the back of the grip I inlaid an ivory lazy heart fab'd from an old piano key salvage. As my interests wandered I sold the pistol at a show to a dealer here in Maryland probably in the mid '80's. Well, you guessed it, I'd love to get it back now that I've cycled back to BP shooting. Soooo...if you see it, please let me know. Thank you and take care.

#3 ·
Don't give up quite yet. A friend of mine built a muzzleloader in the mid-1970's and, due to a temporary financial crunch, sold it in the 1980's.

Last year he walked into a gun shop in a small town about 100 miles from where he lives and found the rifle he built on the sales rack!

He bought it back, and is very happy now.

GOOD LCUK

#5 ·
Cranbrook,
Yes, CVA kits are out there, but, it's not the one I built then. I inlaid an ivory "lazy heart" in the grip to match my .50cal percussion TC Hawken which I'm still trying to wear out. I've thought of building another; I may just do as you suggested. Oh, well, the fun is in the hunt.
Take care,
John

#9 ·
Build another while searching for your first one. That way you'll have something to shoot along with your matching rifle. When your original is found, you can either keep the new-built as #2 in a matching set, or sell if to finance another project. You can't lose, either way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.