Default Star BM vs. Llama Max-1 L/F .45

I'm considering trading my very nice Star BM for a very nice Llama Max-1 L/F .45, but I'm trying to get more info before I "pull the trigger", if you'll pardon the pun. Does anyone have any experience with this Llama? I'm more concerned with the reliability more than anything as I've heard all of the typical Spanish handgun rumors. Any input would be appreciated.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

IMO it's a choice about calibers as well as makers. I own both and they are different guns for different needs. The BM is smaller, lighter and all in all a better finished gun. The Llama is heavier but shoots the more powerful 45 ACP. As far as I know all the Maxi's have a beavertail safety and comfortable rubber grips. My Llamas have always feed 230 gr FMJ reliably but I have heard some require work to feed hollowpoints. I am happy owning both but it really depends on what you want to do with it. Hope this helps.

It would be strictly for plinking/range use. My main concern is about the quality...is the Llama comparable to the Star?
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

IMO the Star is a higher quality gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Adaes View Post
    IMO the Star is a higher quality gun.
    AMEN!

M

Yea, I've owned Stars,Astras & Llamas. I still own both Stars & Astras.

I kept my Star. I really liked the looks of the Llama, and the guy did a great job "fluffing & buffing" it, but in the end I just couldn't get rid of my little honey. I just have this thing about having guns with the original box, paperwork etc, and my Star is just like it was new (except for the black Duracoat )

I think you made the right decision.

I own several Star pistols and use to own one Llama. I still own the Star pistols but the Llama is long gone and I won't buy another. The Llama I had gave me more trouble than any other pistol I own and I bought it new.