Gunboards Forums banner

what rifles can be used with older weaver 2.5x and 3x weavers-vintage sniper match

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  milprileb 
#1 ·
i have several older weaver 2.5x-3x scopes and would like to know what rifles they can they be used on in the vintage sniper matches and what bases and rings would be needed to mount them to use them in the matches. thanks eastbank.

#2 ·
Go to the CMP web-site. Look up competitions I believe. The rule book for the "Game" matches will be there and I think its a PDF. The rule book lists the firearms/scope combinations. The mounts and bases have to be "issue" correct, original or a exact repo

#4 ·
If you sort out your "vintage" sniper rifle, come down to Quantico in April and shoot in
our Vintage Sniper Match. We shoot WWII through Viet Nam War sniper rifles, we shoot
20 rds at 300, 600, 800 and 1000 yds over two days. That is twice as much as shot at the CMP
match at Camp Perry and we go to 800 / 1000 yds and CMP does not. We have a good following
from Pa. that comes to shoot at this match twice yearly.

No T Shirts, No trophy's, No medals, just bragging rights and a lot of great shooting !

#6 ·
Match is 18/19 April 15

Your Model 70: recommend you get on sniper board and find out what mounts / scope would transform
the rifle into a VN era sniper reproduction. If you go on Quanticoshootingclub.com web site, get on calender,
and then to April month schedule, the match is listed . The range bulletin ( a PDF) does talk about what rifles
are legitimate for this match.

http://www.quanticoshootingclub.com/calendar2.php

I also noted on bulletin , I saw some type of awards were contemplated so maybe there is something .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.