Gunboards Forums banner

My No4s out for cleaning

582 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  blu1989 
#1 ·
I managed to pull out both of my No4s for cleaning and wanted to share them with you. They are both Long Branches but from two different eras of war. The first is a normal Mk1* made in 1942. My uncle gave me this gun sporterized when he couldn't hunt anymore. The original barrel was cut down but luckily I had found a Long Branch barrel for sale locally and I picked it up. I was later able to find a smith who could replace the barrel and correctly headspace it. After that I just needed to find the wood and assemble it. The wood I found was sanded down but a thin layer of stain and some linseed oil made the wood look better. It was my first "rescue attempt" of a WW2 rifle and I don't have a lot in it. I just need to find the correct Long Branch safety lever and it'll be finished. My second No4 is a CNo4 from 1950. It is all matching down to the magazine which is a real plus for me. I got it as a walk in at a gun show two years ago. Surprisingly the guy only wanted $300 for it as most of the time here for whatever reason they are listed between $375-$450 in bad shape. We ended up doing a deal a $275 since that's what he needed to buy his wife a pistol. The rifle has some slight pitting on some of the metal and the mag spring's a little weak but it does shoot great. Anyway hope you guys like them as much as I do.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.