Bulgarian - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bulgarian

Quote Originally Posted by skschi56 View Post
    Just curious. How did Bud's rate the overall condition?
    I'm not sure exactly. I think it was "used, condition good" or something similar.
    ​Get 55!

Default Makarov laser grip

I ordered this laser grip about a month ago and it just now got here. I mean, I just now opened the envelope. I have never received an envelope from Moscow, so I'm definitely keeping it as a souvenir. I am about to put the laser grip on the Bulgarian, and I will provide pics.

BTW, I purchased this grip through Alexander. He was very helpful. If you want one of these grips, you will need PayPal. The transaction through PayPal went very smoothly.

​Get 55!

That little projection on the back of the grip is the actuator button.

Inside the back of the grip is where the battery goes.

And yes, the laser functions.

​Get 55!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

A skinny flat head screw driver is needed to remove the cover to the battery well.

And here is one of the batteries. The battery size is GP A 76

And here is the magazine thumb release.

​Get 55!

There are no instructions, but everything seems pretty straight forward. I have assembled it and the laser works fine. Although there is not an adjustment for elevation or deflection, the factory setting appears to be OK. I have just now taken the grip back off to study the magazine thumb release a little more. I feel like the magazine thumb release is a nice to have, and could do without it, but in this case there is a section removed from the upper grip for it, so it sort of is a have to have for aesthetic reasons if nothing else. Pics to follow when all is said and done. The jury is still pending a verdict.

Last edited by Nikolai; 01-19-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Photo insertion
    ​Get 55!

I'm going to give this grip an A-. I would have given it an A+ if it had adjustment screws for elevation and deflection. If the sight were off, I don't think there is much you could do about it, without risk to the laser. On a more positive note, it certainly rates an A, even if it is a minus. The laser functions, and is activated by gripping the rear of the handle of the pistol. The grip is rough textured and fills the hand. The magazine thumb release pops the magazine right out of the magazine well.

​Get 55!

Neat-o! Thanks for sharing!

видеодон

^^ Neat. So have you tested it? I was tempted to buy one but seems like a lot of dough to spend on a laser that may or may not be on target. I do like the stipple like grip texture. Looks nice.

I read the entire thread and didn't see anywhere in there about the cost of that laser grip or how to reach this Alxeander fellow to order one. I really like that grip and it's the perfect addition I need for my coffee table Mak. Any info about price and ordering would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Flyer35

Hi, my name is Aleksandr.
    I sell this grip.

If you have any questions about these grips ask, I will try to quickly answer them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    I'm going to give this grip an A-. I would have given it an A+ if it had adjustment screws for elevation and deflection. If the sight were off, I don't think there is much you could do about it, without risk to the laser. On a more positive note, it certainly rates an A, even if it is a minus. The laser functions, and is activated by gripping the rear of the handle of the pistol. The grip is rough textured and fills the hand. The magazine thumb release pops the magazine right out of the magazine well.
    I very glad that you enjoyed the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shlepok View Post
    Hi, my name is Aleksandr.
    I sell this grip.

If you have any questions about these grips ask, I will try to quickly answer them.

I very glad that you enjoyed the grip.
    Aleksandr,

You need to make a left handed prototype and send to me to try out. You WILL CAPTURE the left handed laser sight Makarov market if you do this. THINK of all the sales you will generate!!!
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

Quote Originally Posted by VA-Vet View Post
    Aleksandr,

You need to make a left handed prototype and send to me to try out. You WILL CAPTURE the left handed laser sight Makarov market if you do this. THINK of all the sales you will generate!!!
    I do not produce these grip , but I know that man, who produces. I'll give him your wish maybe he can come up with something.

Nikolai:
    I've not read every set of remarks here.

You might want to hide the name and address which is on that package, even if there is a heavy safe.

Burglars are Not afraid of you having a gun---the nearly 100% vast majority (+) will wait until you are gone before they break in.
    Last edited by Laufer; 01-27-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
    Nikolai:

You might want to hide the name and address which is on that package, even if there is heavy safe.
    Yes, it would be right.

Quote Originally Posted by StlMakGuy24 View Post
    ^^ Neat. So have you tested it? I was tempted to buy one but seems like a lot of dough to spend on a laser that may or may not be on target. I do like the stipple like grip texture. Looks nice.
    I might shoot during low light conditions this week. I hit a deer Saturday morning coming home from work,and it is causing me a lot of unplanned work on the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer35 View Post
    I read the entire thread and didn't see anywhere in there about the cost of that laser grip or how to reach this Alxeander fellow to order one. I really like that grip and it's the perfect addition I need for my coffee table Mak. Any info about price and ordering would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Flyer35
    It cost me $110 and I had to use Pay Pal. Now, it's going to take a month to get here, but Alexander is a good dude.
    Edit: You can PM Alexander, who goes by Shlepok. He'll give you his link.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
    Nikolai:

You might want to hide the name and address which is on that package, even if there is heavy safe.
    I saw that, thought about it, and just left it there. I'm not exactly incognito.

https://www.amazon.com/Warface-Weird.../dp/B01D5HMM8M

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Storm-W.../dp/B00S7R0K26

Quote Originally Posted by Shlepok View Post
    Yes, it would be right.
    Good man, Alexander.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 01-23-2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Spellin
    ​Get 55!

I'm going down below to set up my range. I'll be shooting in low light, using the laser. I'm debating on whether to use my bench or not. Despite the ridiculous ranges being manufacturer set on this laser as well as Crimson Trace, a laser is a visual aide for low light conditions. Hence, the target is visible only when it's close up. Now, one of my Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Specials has a Crimson Trace as well as my S&W 340 CT. With both of those lasers, I have not achieved the heralded magical accuracy of the dreaded laser dot.

When you are up close to a target, say ten feet, you can see how really still you have to keep your hand, or that laser dot is going to move around some. You might be surprised how much it does move during the double action trigger pull of a revolver.

The laser is a get the dot on the target and shoot. That's all.

I'm going to try to hit the target initially from 25 yards using the laser, when it gets dark enough to see the dot on the target.

When it really gets dark, depending on the phase of the moon, I may not even be able to see the target from 25 yards.

But I will walk it in, getting closer until I start getting consistent hits.

It will be long after dark before I get the pics up, but good things are worth waiting for...
    ​Get 55!

I'm surprised. Give me a few minutes to go through the pics.
    ​Get 55!

Some of these pics aren't coming out real well due to low light conditions. Some of them I may delete.
    I am hoping that the laser dot is visible on these pics. I had no problem at all seeing it. The target is 25 yards away and I ran a couple of mags through it. Truly, I was surprised that the laser and bullet were aligned at that distance. I had underestimated the accuracy of a laser at 25 yards.

​Get 55!

Well you can't see the dot in the pic above, but it's there. I tried deleting the photo but for some reason it wouldn't. I hope these pthers turn out good.

Now in the pic below you can see the dot as clear as day on my iPhone. But not so after posting to Imgur. And the dot is big, too.

​Get 55!

Well, the dot shows up on my iPhone pics real good. But let's move on here. I ran two mags through the Bulgarian, using the Novaks in tandem with the laser and it worked out splendidly. I didn't start out intending to do it that way. But the laser was spot on with the sights out to 25 yards.

​Get 55!

I had to run a few more through when it got darker, mainly to see if the camera was up to the job with night time shoots. I think it might be. Maybe I can download a book on advanced iPhone photography.

Now for my evaluation of the laser grip's performance; the laser was spot on. No qualms there. It was very strong and put a bright red dot on the target that was very easy to see. I am of a mind to go back out there with the intention of getting a red dot pic only. The thumb release - it works, but I wish it didn't have one.

Edit: I have to go back out there and shoot it while it's utterly dark. If it can capture the pic, the flash from the ignition of gunpowder will look totally awesome at distance.

Last edited by Nikolai; 01-24-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spellin
    ​Get 55!

I went back out there. This is what the Novaks look like as they line up on the laser dot. Think of it almost as a really long sight radius.

​Get 55!

The iPhone camera struggles in the pitch black. But I walked up to about 20 feet of the target and put the dot on it. It's a good size dot.

And I have to work at night photography. These pics were taken too far away, appeared small and so I zoomed them. They came out blurred.

​Get 55!

Awesome pictures. And a great report on the laser. Couldn't ask for better - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BeoBill View Post
    Awesome pictures. And a great report on the laser. Couldn't ask for better - thanks!
    My pleasure, BeoBill. Maybe I'm lucky, but my lasergrip turned out perfect. But if the dot was off - even a little - I would have no way of adjusting it directly. I could remove the grip, shim it with tape and adjust the dot placement that way. But mine is good out to 25 yards - at least. The magazine thumb release will need to be oiled, or it will rust. All three of my Makarovs have been Cerakoted, so I was caught a little off guard by this - been a long time since I had an issue with rust. But that is not a hit. Maybe it can be coated with clear fingernail polish - it's not a biggee. Now, when I cleaned it last night, I did remove the grip, so that I would not get anything on the laser. But that was no problem at all and it gave me the opportunity to oil the magazine thumb release anyhow. At $110 this grip was a must have for me. It's probably half the price of a Crimson Trace and as far as I know - the only laser grip made for the Makarov.
    ​Get 55!

Very cool. The laser grip looks like its 3D printed... which is freaking awesome. I'm still digging my FAB grip, so I don't think I'll be replacing it.

I ordered the normal dot XS sights for my Bulgarian. They came in yesterday and I can't wait to get them and the slide to a gunsmith. I think it speaks volumes about the Makarov design that there are new accessories and upgrades coming from the US, Russian and Israel to modernize the pistol.

Well, zetazot, I like my FAB too. But it ain't got no laser built into it. Maybe FAB ought to get on the ball and go for the big win. Surely they could incorporate a laser into their existing grip that would perhaps include windage and elevation screws. I still have this laser grip on mine and plan on keeping it on there, even if I don't like the thumb magazine release.

Whoever makes this grip over there in Moscow has almost got it right - all he needs to add are windage and elevation screws.

Addendum: I know almost all modern pistols can be equipped with a laser without having to go to all this trouble. But I carry my Bulgarian 7 days a week. So, the laser was dream come true - and I think it's a really good laser grip. Sooner or later, someone might advise me to switch to another pistol that already has all these goodies. They will present a valid argument, but I don't want to give up my 25 part Makarov, or my decocker, or my firing pin I can remove in seconds and punch the channel.

This pistol has been utterly reliable.
    Last edited by Nikolai; 02-01-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Addendum
    ​Get 55!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234