Is Samco still open??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Samco still open??

Default Is Samco still open??

Not sure if this is the right forum or if I missed a thread somewhere, but is Samco still around? I was on their site about 10 days ago, now it is down and when I call them the number seems to be no good.
    Add your SAMCO sniper to the survey http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...Serial-Numbers

No the business folded and closed last week. The creditors/partners are in litigation.
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

Probably a good thing that I didn't order anything 10 days ago...thanks
    Add your SAMCO sniper to the survey http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...Serial-Numbers

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Good info, did not know that...
    Looking for USS Casimir Pulaski SSBN 633 items.

This was the most interesting conversation I was ever not a part of and I look forward to the next conversation on the topic.
    - Pcan

Was wondering seemed like they had a large stock of items they were selling off and never anything new. What I got from them a few years back was very nice unissued k31's so glad I hit that train.

Hmmmm, first Samco, then Century Arms......
    Live on a lake and don't fish,,,,,,,,collect guns and I don't hunt..........Be afraid, something is very wrong with this man !!!

That's too bad, I was thinking of getting a 24/47 after the nice experience with my K31.

I never had a problem with them either, bought a few from them over the last several years, picked up a nice "bent bolt" that I was very pleased with.

Over the years I have purchased some really nice stuff from Samco. Shipping was slow, but what they sent was always right on.

I hope Aim can swing that purchase. Man, I was ready to grab another K31 and some Swede wooden bullets also.

Hmmmmm, interesting.....
    Live on a lake and don't fish,,,,,,,,collect guns and I don't hunt..........Be afraid, something is very wrong with this man !!!

It was a partner investor issue i understand.
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

Hate to see that, the old gang is thinning out
    Adios Amigos,
    Capt. Zorro

WTF. Looking at the photos, I see a lot of stuff that I don't remember them having for sale. A pallet of M1 Carbines?

Were they sitting on it waiting for prices to go up?

metalman3006,

Thanks for the links. I got my first look inside a milsurp warehouse. I'd love to be able to roam around someplace like that with a wad of cash in my pocket, just take the day and leisurely stroll around. Place must reek like cosmoline, mmm... cosmoline... home. It's funny, my wife actually does not mind the smell of cosmoline, nor do I. Anyway, hope someone good gets the right bid in, and is able to put the stock/inventory on the internet for sale for fair market value and not gouge the public with "just found, last of the last" yadda yadda.

Would love to get a K31, just as I was looking into getting one, poof, I can't seem to find one on the internet from the likes of SOG, Aim, Classic etc. I need to go with someone who knows K31s to a LGS and pick one up then.

Wow, I love those pics on the auction website. http://www.stamplerauctions.com/auct...arms-firearms/

I know what I'm buying when I win the Powerball lottery! In all seriousness though, I hate to see Samco go under, they were a good outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewbaby View Post
    I hope Aim can swing that purchase. Man, I was ready to grab another K31 and some Swede wooden bullets also.
    They were running out of K31s and from what they told me only had cracked stock rifles left.

--

Wideners was sold last week as well.. The new owners pulled all firearms and prices have gone up on many things on the website.

Sad to see two old companies die out.

Ah crap wideners too???? Man they had some good stuff here and there

Has anyone heard that Century Arms was raided had their FFL suspended or just a local rumor ???

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    Ditto, didn't know that either. Uggh

One of the national C&R Dealers will snap this up..... Aim, Sog , j&g...maybe even empire will jump on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    AK_MILSURP
    Benefactor Life Member, NRA
    Life Member, Alaska Gun Collectors Association
    Life member, VFW
    Anchorage, AK
    www.amga.net

"Remember the Range day, And keep it holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim"

Quote Originally Posted by Rick N. View Post
    Has anyone heard that Century Arms was raided had their FFL suspended or just a local rumor ???
    The news said that one of their guns was linked to the Paris shooting

Quote Originally Posted by ded123 View Post
    Where was that news? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
    NO NO NO!!! Please tell me you're kidding!

Shame, I looked at widener's the other day and noticed they no longer had firearms up for sale which disappointed me because i wanted to pick up one of their Bulgarian 74's for $489. Also a shame about Samco as i always had a good experience with them and they had some good stuff to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ded123 View Post
    That was initially claimed by Zastiva looks like, but was not the case:

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/...s-feds-confirm

Quote Originally Posted by emcon5 View Post
    WTF. Looking at the photos, I see a lot of stuff that I don't remember them having for sale. A pallet of M1 Carbines?

Were they sitting on it waiting for prices to go up?
    That never happens, only stupid people like me think wholesalers sit on inventory as I was rudely told by a member here.

"After further investigation of the firearm mention in the Associated Press story it is clear the firearm reported in previous stories is not related to the Paris attacks. The firearm reported in the story did go to the importer Century Arms located in the United States. However, the chain of distribution for the firearm shows it was eventually sent to a federal firearms licensee in the United States where it was purchased by an individual in February 2014. ATF later traced the firearm at the request of the Mexican Government when it was recovered at a crime scene in March of this year. It remains in custody of the Mexican Government where it is being used as evidence in a trial."
    That makes me wonder if the individual in question was Eric Holder (too soon for a Eric [with]Holder/Fast and Furious joke?)?

It looks like Widener's just revamped their site, maybe everything is not yet listed? I'm pretty sure I saw firearms in the last email blast I received from Widener's.

Glad to hear it, must have seen some
    earlier FL. news footage

Default Sad

Got my Swedish military border-patrol lambs wool Arctic heavy duty 18 lbs coat.
    warm, wind proof....THEN GLOBAL WARMING CAME ALONG TO SPOIL EVERY THING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    That never happens, only stupid people like me think wholesalers sit on inventory as I was rudely told by a member here.

Tru Dat!
    Laugh hard and often.

Gary

Take a look at the 475 page inventory list from the auction site: http://static.auctionservices.com/do...4/3550-INV.pdf

A quick review shows they have been sitting on ~250 USGI M1 Carbines since 1986.

They have like 8000 of those crappy 1916 .30 cal Spanish Mausers.

1903 Springfield, serial number 46.

WTF is a Loewe 95/12/61? Chilean Mauser 95 maybe?
    Looks like there are ~40 Finn Mosin M91s, including some Remingtons and NEWs (Had since 1999). Kind of funny the "1891" page has both Mausers and Mosins listed.

There are a 22 Swede M94s (sitting on since 1999) and there are still 142 M41Bs. I wonder if any have scopes.

There are also a couple hundred "Loewe Berlin 1894" I assume those are Brazilian..

About 1200 Yugo SKS, a couple hundred CZ52s,

88 Norinco SKS, sitting on since 1988.

Some Pattern-14 Enfields, siting on since 1985.
    214 Finn 91/30s, sitting on since 1999.

Looks like they have been sitting on several thousand Mausers since the Reagan administration.

WOW.
    FROM THIS INVENTORY IT SURE LOOKS LIKE THIS COMPANY WENT UNDER BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SITTING ON A GREAT INVENTORY.
    249 M1 carbines! This list shows some really poor management. Had they listed or invited people to call in then so many of these good really collectible guns would have been sold. many 94 Swedish carbines, too !
    Proof is in the pudding... or this list. Well now somebody will buy and these guns may soon be sold by the new buyer.
    I am looking forward to the new buyer liquidating for a fast buck their upcoming bargain sales to unload all these fine weapons.

There are some oddballs in there. Remington 1934s? They've got 4 of them.

There are some oddballs in there. Remington 1934s? They've got 4 of them.
    Most likely a typo for the Remington 1903a4.
    Proud member of the gun culture since 1967.

Nooooo...... they haven't been sitting on anything.....

AK_MILSURP
    Life member, VFW
    Anchorage, AK
    www.amga.net

"Remember the Range day, And keep it holy. May the light of the Holy Tracer guide thy aim"

Smirk

AK_MILSURP
    Life member, VFW
    Anchorage, AK
    www.amga.net

Well, like I said, a member here that I would call "high ranking" insulted me and in not so many words called me a moron for suggesting that places sit on stuff for a long time waiting for the time when they could advertise "Wow, look what we found in the warehouse".
    Seems I'm not as much as a "Know nothing" as he claimed I was.
    Yes, I was pretty insulted by his rude know it all comments made to me, particularly when I knew for a fact this type of rat- holing goes on.
    There is a place right near me sitting on hundreds of carbines and garands as well as svt's, Finns and other such firearms not seen in bulk since the early 90's.
    Now as for the list of stuff from Samco I have to wonder how much of it is scrap.
    Like the carbines and Finn 91/30's, I wonder if they are just barreled actions maybe.
    I just bought a pile of "Brazilian Mausers" from the estate of a deceased FFL, but while they were listed as Mausers in his book, 16 of them were only actions.
    I hope that a decent place like AIM gets this stash, anyone else is going to sell the stuff with fluffed descriptions and no pictures I fear and that won't end up good for anyone.

Well, like I said, a member here that I would call "high ranking" insulted me and in not so many words called me a moron for suggesting that places sit on stuff for a long time waiting for the time when they could advertise "Wow, look what we found in the warehouse".
    Yes, I was pretty insulted by his rude know it all comments made to me, particularly when I knew for a fact this type of rat- holing goes on.
    There is a place right near me sitting on hundreds of carbines and garands as well as svt's, Finns and other such firearms not seen in bulk since the early 90's.
    Now as for the list of stuff from Samco I have to wonder how much of it is scrap.
    Like the carbines and Finn 91/30's, I wonder if they are just barreled actions maybe.
    I just bought a pile of "Brazilian Mausers" from the estate of a deceased FFL, but while they were listed as Mausers in his book, 16 of them were only actions.
    I hope that a decent place like AIM gets this stash, anyone else is going to sell the stuff with fluffed descriptions and no pictures I fear and that won't end up good for anyone.

I've been told the same thing on another board.

I don't think some folks grasp the time and energy involved in an operation like this. They think they receive a shipment of weapons on Tuesday and are selling them on Friday (or receive it in 2012 and sell it in 2012)! By the time they go through the drill to receive, inventory, log, sort, inspect, clean (if applicable), etc hundreds if not thousands of weapons an accessories could be months/years. I'm sure ATF would have to be involved as well and we all know they always hurry. I don't know if "sitting on" is the correct term it might just be paperwork, inspection, rejection, who knows. Might just be they received a shipment of barreled actions and are waiting to find a shipment of stocks.

Anyway don't take what the "higher ranking" say personal, most of the time they don't have anymore knowledge than you do they just say it louder. They get something stuck in their head and for whatever reason can't/ won't get out. Just enjoy life and snicker often it's free entertainment.

Gary
    Some Gave All

They were sitting on a bunch of tula m44's.
    Also some low serial numbers. 1,2 & 3.

I wasn't a member yet but I remember reading this.
    It sure brought down there creditable from 100 to 0 with one remark.

As usual.. every interesting thread must descend into drama. I don't even need to watch soap operas on tv!
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

Well lets see what the new owners of the inventory do ... will they move all the inventory to a new warehouse and then sit on it for 20 or 30 years so they can "find it" again and sell it at higher prices, or will they sell it as fast as they can to make a quick gain on their investment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast