Gunboards Forums banner

German marked 1944 Beretta pistol

26K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  tsmgguy 
#1 · (Edited)
Well here is one of those pleasant surprises. I bought this pistol thinking that it was an Italian Police issue per the info from the seller. He had no other photos for me so at 300 I took a chance on it. Here is the auction photo!

Here are the photos of the pistol at my house. And yes much to my excitement the pistol has the 4 over UT mark for the German issue this is now worth a tad more in value now! And it looks new and is tight like its never been used.

This was one of two I thought I would not be able to afford.

See less See more
#28 ·
Chrome

I realize that I'm replying to an old post, but the information here is most closely related to what I'm researching. I recently came into a Beretta model 1944 with the "4 over UT" stamp but it is chrome (see picture). Through researching on the internet I have found out that it was manufactured and delivered to the German Army Headquarters sometime between August 1944 and February 1945, but no where have I been able to find out anything about any of these pistols being Chrome - only reference and pictures of blued guns. Does anyone have any information on any of these pistols being manufactured with a chrome finish or would it be "after market"? Information on the gun is:

Left Slide: R Beretta Cal 765 Brevetta
Gardone V.T. 1944

Right Slide (seriel number): 573133

It does have a (faint) "4 over UT" stamp but no "WaA 162" stamp as far as I can tell. Sorry for the bad picture but that's all I have right now and am at work and can't get more detailed pictures. Thanks to anyone that has any info for me.

Attachments

#30 ·
Yes many a bring back pistol made it to the chrome shop after the war. I have seen some that looked to be new pistols that were chromed and some that had been well used and then chromed.

#32 ·
From my years of watching auction prices and some (ok lots) of buying it hurts significantly. This goes for all sorts of bring back firearms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.