Question Shooting 45-70 in 45-110 chamber?

I just bought a Shiloh Sharps long range model in 45-110 and was wondering if it would be possible to shoot 45-70 smokeless cartridges in it. I know th 45-110 can only be loaded in blackpowder. Any advice will be appreciated along with any recommended 45-110 loads.

Lymans reloading manual has a number of smokeless loads for 45-110.A 500 grain lead bullet with 45 grains of IMR 4198 gives 1569 fps.53 grain is max which gives 1817 fps.Many other powders listed too.These are for modern rifles not antiques.I dont know what the acurracy will be making a bullet jump so far to get to the rifling with the 45-70 round.You may find that with so much chamber not covered by casing that you will erode the front end of your chamber.Reloading is fun,and not hard.There are dies,and hand tools like the old days if you dont want to buy a press.Half the fun of these rifles is figuring out what load it likes best.

You will probably get a lot of leading at the beginning of the rifling, might be tough to remove and potentially dangerous. I think Starline sells 110 brass. Try Trackofthewolf.com
    "It's all gone to hell now, the wimps have gangs, pop punk tough guys with neck tattoos"--DKM

Default .45-70 in .45-90 Results.

I have shot a lot of .45-70 out of my old Win. 86 in .45-90 with very good results but then comes the job of getting the lead build-up out before a .45-90 will even look like chambering.
    That lead build-up in the s/shot sharps shoud be easier to remove from your breach end than doing it from the other end as i do. Good luck, chester.

Can you shoot 45-70 in a 45-110 chamber, sure as it is like shooting 38 special in a 357 chamber.
    But if shooting lead bullets, accuracy will be poor due to the inch plus jump from case to rifling and the resulting gas cutting of the bullet due to hot gas blow by, and leading will be heavy.
    Jacketed bullets would perform better, but accuracy will still be sub prime.
    Yes, starline sells brass, and reloading dies are available from three or four manufacturors.
    I would highly suggest loading the correct cartridge for your rifle.
    Gregg