Default Mauser .22 trainer ?'s

I have a Mauser Deutsches Sportmodel .22 with what I believe is a German youth marking on the stock. Its marked in a small circle on the right side of the stock near the sling slot that goes thru the stock with an RF and SS which look like the German ss markings sort of ?
    Could this be a Hitler youth rifle or does anyone know the meaning of the RFSS in a circle.
    Also rifle has what I believe to be a duffle-cut under the front barrel band.
    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Not a HJ rifle marking. RFSS in a circle is indicative of SS property. This marking is often faked as it improves value. Period correct rifles with this marking fall into known serial ranges.

You must post pics and more details to get an accurate evaluation.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by giguy41 View Post
    I have a Mauser Deutsches Sportmodel .22 with what I believe is a German youth marking on the stock. Its marked in a small circle on the right side of the stock near the sling slot that goes thru the stock with an RF and SS which look like the German ss markings sort of ? Could this be a Hitler youth rifle or does anyone know the meaning of the RFSS in a circle. Also rifle has what I believe to be a duffle-cut under the front barrel band. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Sir - please repost this query on the .22 training rifle forum down the page - there are a good few of us there who can help you out with your little Mauser.

Please note, as the moderator hinted, that images and a serial number will get you a better answer - many of us have the Jon speed book on the .22 Mausers.

Best

tac

Quote Originally Posted by TFoley View Post
    Sir - please repost this query on the .22 training rifle forum down the page - there are a good few of us there who can help you out with your little Mauser.

Please note, as the moderator hinted, that images and a serial number will get you a better answer - many of us have the Jon speed book on the .22 Mausers.

Best

tac
    TAC,

Although I must confess that prior to your post I was unaware of a 22 Trainer Forum on GB - I think this particular thread is OK in either venue.

Scott