Default Helwan 920/Beretta 92 copy

I am figuring this is the standard pistol that Egyptian Military uses-replacing the single stack Helwan and the Beretta 51?It has the mag relase button near the heel of the frame just above the lanyard loop.It takes regular Beretta 92 mags but came with a Politically correct 10 shot Megar magazine,figuring It had to be that way when it was imported.Import marked on frame Intrac,Knox,TN.Anyone have any info on this pistol-when and how many imported? currend use by Egypt?
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy

wow. Never seen one of those.....When were they imported? Fairly decent looking copy of the 92. Have you shot it yet? Curious too how many were imported, how many might still be imported......

I remember these Beretta 92 clones being sold in Shotgun News around the late 1990's timeframe.

Cool 92 Clone

Quote Originally Posted by Betonfahrer View Post
    I am figuring this is the standard pistol that Egyptian Military uses-replacing the single stack Helwan and the Beretta 51?It has the mag relase button near the heel of the frame just above the lanyard loop.It takes regular Beretta 92 mags but came with a Politically correct 10 shot Megar magazine,figuring It had to be that way when it was imported.Import marked on frame Intrac,Knox,TN.Anyone have any info on this pistol-when and how many imported? currend use by Egypt?
    hello Betonfahrer. I've never seen one of these! I know that one of the African countries (S. Africa/Rhodesia) produced a clone of the 92F that was called the Z88 (Ithink). I didn't know about them in Egypt though. I thought I read somwhere that Egypt was using the Glock 17. It is definately interesting though, thanks for sharing!

I have a licensed clone of the Beretta 1951. It is an Iraqi Tariq. It is very uncommon in the US.

I had an Egyptian military Helwan years ago but let it get away. Stupid me.
    כד יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה, וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ. The LORD bless thee, and keep thee;
    כה יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וִיחֻנֶּךָּ. The LORD make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;
    כו יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ, וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם. The LORD lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Mark,that Tariq is a great find! I had the military Helwan and the early 1951-Navy arms import so I know they came out of Egypt.I have shot this and it works fine,no jams,I am not the best pistol shot but I can hit a milk jug at 20 feet 8 out of 10 times with this.Other days I am not that good.
    The Truth is Concrete-Bertolt Brecht
    While much is too strange to be believed,nothing is too strange to have happened-Thomas Hardy

Where in order to get to the South, you have to go north

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beton... you have a 920!!! I posted about this pistol on the boards and received no concrete response - am happy to see your post.

These were imported in insanely small quantities in the late 90s and marketed mainly through SOG if I remember correctly, selling for around $250. Yours is the first in-hand specimen I've seen.

I don't figure there's much demand for it due to its curiosity and the fact that it's a 92 clone, but I find it fascinating.

you're not the only one. When did the egyptians start producing these? I would love to have one. I am also curious about he quality on them? Decent, better then the helwan 951's?

Quote Originally Posted by Betonfahrer View Post
    The one i have is like the one you have.Same markings.As Intrac has closed i will have trouble getting the when and how many question but will try.

Quote Originally Posted by ruskiegunlover View Post
    you're not the only one. When did the egyptians start producing these? I would love to have one. I am also curious about he quality on them? Decent, better then the helwan 951's?
    Much better than the 951.