Gunboards Forums banner

Helwan 920/Beretta 92 copy

9K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  WLD Bill 
#1 ·
I am figuring this is the standard pistol that Egyptian Military uses-replacing the single stack Helwan and the Beretta 51?It has the mag relase button near the heel of the frame just above the lanyard loop.It takes regular Beretta 92 mags but came with a Politically correct 10 shot Megar magazine,figuring It had to be that way when it was imported.Import marked on frame Intrac,Knox,TN.Anyone have any info on this pistol-when and how many imported? currend use by Egypt?

#4 ·
92 Clone

hello Betonfahrer. I've never seen one of these! I know that one of the African countries (S. Africa/Rhodesia) produced a clone of the 92F that was called the Z88 (Ithink). I didn't know about them in Egypt though. I thought I read somwhere that Egypt was using the Glock 17. It is definately interesting though, thanks for sharing!

#5 ·
I have a licensed clone of the Beretta 1951. It is an Iraqi Tariq. It is very uncommon in the US.

I had an Egyptian military Helwan years ago but let it get away. Stupid me.

#6 ·
Mark,that Tariq is a great find! I had the military Helwan and the early 1951-Navy arms import so I know they came out of Egypt.I have shot this and it works fine,no jams,I am not the best pistol shot but I can hit a milk jug at 20 feet 8 out of 10 times with this.Other days I am not that good.

#7 ·
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beton... you have a 920!!! I posted about this pistol on the boards and received no concrete response - am happy to see your post.

These were imported in insanely small quantities in the late 90s and marketed mainly through SOG if I remember correctly, selling for around $250. Yours is the first in-hand specimen I've seen.

I don't figure there's much demand for it due to its curiosity and the fact that it's a 92 clone, but I find it fascinating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.