Gunboards Forums banner

Spanish Pistol Picture Thread

307K views 669 replies 202 participants last post by  Bill DeShivs 
#1 ·
Let's see those Spanish shooters.

By adding some info about the pictures we can create a good reference source for everyone here.

Astra CUB 6,35mm (.25 ACP)

Star S 7,65mm (.32 ACP)

Llama III-A 9 corto - 9x17mm (.380 ACP)

Star Super B 9x19mm

See less See more
#29 · (Edited)
My Star Collection + Variations

I thought I would be adding more thumbnails to this post as the photographs are accomplished but I find I cannot add newer imageshack links... So for now, here are some of my baby frames of the older generations. Notes will also be added as time permits. Of course your comments would add to that work. Hope you enjoy!!

My first Star, the DK with blue alloy frame.

Another DK, both are .380 cal.

The factory engraved CO model is .25 cal.

#31 · (Edited)
I think that is because folks kept these lil' beauties in the hot glove box of their cars where the plastic just could not stand the heat. Replacements are extremely difficult to find. I'd love to know if you are successful. My CO grips are wood. If there are plastics available then I too need to locate a set.

#37 · (Edited)
I see from wamba's pics there are still Stars out there to seek for my collection! Very nice pair of pistols parisite.

Here are a couple of Star pistols in the Starvel finish. I did not photograph these laying flat so I think the perspective is a bit off. (my bad)

Star MegaStar (Starvel) 45 DA Auto

Star PD (Starvel) Compact

#38 ·
Her is my newest addition, a Llama .380. It was imported by Stoeger and I don't see any model number on it. Is there different grips available for these? I'm going to the range in the morning and I will let you know how it shoots. Any ideas on the dates of manufacture, the serial number is 852XXX. I hope that I got a decent deal, $200 OTD

#41 ·
12 Bravo, you can find the year your model X-A was made by using the proof markings stamped above the triggerguard. (1979=Y1,1980=Z1,1981=A2 etc) For custom grips try ebay- Sporting goods. Your gun appears in good condition and if it shoots well you made a good deal. Llama 380s have always been popular in my area.

#42 ·
Thanks for the info Los Adaes. It shoots real good. I loaded up some 100Gr FMJ over 3.1Gr of Hodgdon Universal and got real good groups at 12 yards. I was getting 1" groups on average with it. By looking at it, the pistol must have been a safe queen because there is no visible wear on it. I found some white grips on the internet for around $35 and found a guy selling wood grips for $70. The only reason I thought about changing the grips was to dress the lil guy up.

#44 ·
Llama Especial 22

I found this on consignment. The shop owner didn't believe it lasted a week before I came in at $225. It looked like it hadn't been fired. It's seen a brick or two now. It failed to eject, like the chamber was too tight at first then smoothed out. 10 round mag, disassembles just like a gvt 45. Serial 3673xx. Great little trainer for the g'kids.

#48 · (Edited)
This is my last adquisition, it's -another- STAR MS, just in caliber 9P, shoulder stocked (only semiautomatic). This is the only one shoulder stocked MS among the 425 produced. Ok, there is another one, featured on the Antaris book, but that one was uncorrectly marked and recorded as an A model.

Hope you like it. The shoulder stock has only collectible purposes, as by our laws, we're not allowed to use it.

#50 · (Edited)
Los Adaes, It's just the coat of arms of the family. Usually these coats of arms come from medieval era.

That's not mine, but the original owners one, I don't know who he was. That shoulder stock was matched to the pistol in the 80's, but in fact it's from the 1930's era. Never used, was kept at factory until that date. The stock and pistol set, was also kept at the factory until it's closing in 1997.

The button is gold damascened, but I have not exact info about it.

#54 ·
Star,

that pistol with the Shoulder stock is beautiful. What a unique piece. Since you can't use it, I guess a picture with the stock attached is out of the question. How does it attach? is there a slot milled into the back of the frame?

I've always loved pistols with a shoulder stock, though here in the US they require "NFA" registration (an in depth background check). I might would go through the onerous paperwork for that Star you have. What a great combination.

Nice Pistol.

JW