Gunboards Forums banner

Spanish Pistol Picture Thread

307K views 669 replies 202 participants last post by  Bill DeShivs 
#1 ·
Let's see those Spanish shooters.

By adding some info about the pictures we can create a good reference source for everyone here.

Astra CUB 6,35mm (.25 ACP)

Star S 7,65mm (.32 ACP)

Llama III-A 9 corto - 9x17mm (.380 ACP)

Star Super B 9x19mm

See less See more
#61 · (Edited)
a few astra handguns: NC-6 (.22 lr) revolver, TS-22 (.22 lr) auto pistol and A-50 (.32 ACP) auto pistol (sorry for the small pic):

Among other handguns, you can see here the above mentioned guns and a Star S (.380 auto, with pearl grips), a Firestar M-43 (9 mm), and an unknown-brand .38 S&W revolver made in Eibar

#62 · (Edited)
I got this pair of grips for a member who needed replacements for his shrunk ones. The grips are not original, (the pearlite is good quality instead of the poor quality one used by STAR at the time) but the medallions are. The blue medallions were inserted on special request grips.

#65 ·
OK, I must say, that I'm very proud of this part of my collection. This is a "Target" STAR model A. Only a handful of these pistols were made by STAR in 1945. According to Antaris, and the personnel of STAR I know, this is the rarest model A ever made.

All is original, adjustable sights, patridge front sight, fine tuned trigger, frame contoured with finger extension and shallow matted rib. The barrel was selected for extreme accuracy. This gun is the most accurate STAR I have, I love it. Hope you will like it.

#69 ·
It's a pity that the pictures of the Star MS in 9mm Luger were edited away. I have one MMS with shoulder stock in 7,63mm Mauser, and would have liked to compare...

Best regards,
Alexander
I will take care of that. The MS is just the same pistol as the MMS, just different caliber. It's the bigger classic frame, used on all M and P variations.

In fact, all 425 MS assembled in 1986, were assembled with uncut MMS frames for shoulder stock (except the one I have), trying to reduce the amount of spares in stock, after the MMS was discontinued in 1985.

Why don't you post some pictures of your MMS??? I would love to see it.

#72 ·
The two pictures were posted by "Star" on 27th October and 4th November respectively, and were edited away by him on 5th November.

I apologize that my own two artless pictures show the Star MMS only "naked", without shoulder stock, but the latter did not fit on the scanner....

Alexander

#205 ·
I've also just contacted Star about new grips for my Star PD, .45 ACP. I bought this gun new about 20 years ago and never let go of it. It recently suffered some cosmetic damage while locked in a safe while the grandson was visiting. It went to the gunsmith and got Duracoated in H&K black. Now my baby's back and looking sweeter than ever, but some new grips would go well with her "face lift." Lifetime rounds through it are less than 500, and I have no interest in selling. Nice to see so many fans of this sweet little pistol here!!

#77 · (Edited)
From the late 1920s

Here are my two, a Gabilondo "Plus Ultra" and a Star Model A in 7.63 Mauser. They are good examples. I apologize for the photography.

#84 · (Edited)
Thanks for sharing and having the work to post those pics guys!

Loved to see those old style Ruby, Plus Ultra and 7.63 Star "A". Very nice!

STAR I'll give up to 20€ for that beaten up, engraved Star A of yours...and 5€ more if you throw that ugly looking Star A "Target" on the deal as well. What do you say?

Makes me wonder about the size and beauty of your whole collection STAR....you should open museum or something mate!!!