Thread: VZOR 50. 7.65 cal, Walther PP copy, pics

Default VZOR 50. 7.65 cal, Walther PP copy, pics

Stopped at my favorite pawnshop and spotted this pistol. Looked and felt like a Walther PP. First time I have seen one of these. I couldn't resist the price, $199. Anybody know about them? Seems like a nice little gun, like my Walther! I would rather shoot this than the Walther, the Walther is too nice. Was it made in 1969 according to the mark?

AC
    "We're Paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded."
    -Captain Richard Winters
    Co E, 101st Airborne Division, WWII

I have one and like it a lot. I think I am going to loose it because my daughter has fallen in love with it. I think I will let her have because it is cool to have a 12 old girl more interested in guns than in boys.
    John King Sr.
    Member of North Florida Arms Collectors Association

Spetz...My daughter exactly....except she's 38 now. Always out shot the boys and practices from her horse in Texas now.

AC...I think 1969 is correct. I think (ouch).
    Youth And Brawn Are No Match For Age And Treachery.
    I'm Old And May Not Fight. I'll Shoot Instead.

USMC 1959-1963

I've been thinking about one for a long time but now it seems that there are only VZ 50s out there and they are not C&R so I can't grab one (I live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts). I've seen them cz 50s going for between $189 - $299 depending on condition, original box, number of mags on the various auction sites. Sounds like $199 was a good pick up!
    Si vis parcem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Carguy714 View Post
    I've been thinking about one for a long time but now it seems that there are only VZ 50s out there and they are not C&R so I can't grab one (I live in the People's Republic of Massachusetts). I've seen them cz 50s going for between $189 - $299 depending on condition, original box, number of mags on the various auction sites. Sounds like $199 was a good pick up!

cz50s ARE C&R.

its teh cz70s that aren't

Sorry I mis-spoke...but I see you got my drift.

Thanks
    Si vis parcem, para bellum

FWIW I was stationed in Germany as the wall was coming down (circa 1990). The post Rod & Gun Club from time to time would get a load of them in from, as I recall, the German gun dealer/distributor Waffen-Frankonia. The CZ-50's were in new condition and came with a new holster. They sold for $73.00 USD (sometimes less) depending upon condition. These were real bargains. I bought one and later sold it for $250.00 when I came back home (didn't have enough cash to finalize the purchase of a Delta Gold Cup) to a collector.
    "It's the end of the World as we Know it...and I feel fine!":eek:

Based on Century's website they just got some more in, haven't seen them in ages.

I own two of these, purchased them a couple years ago when all the dealers seemed to be overloaded with them. At that time there were a lot of posts complaining about the fact that the magazine is designed to hold 8 rounds but won't chamber the first and some times second round if you have it full. I've always had to just load 6 rounds and then it would work flawlessly. The two that I have do the same thing, and changing magazines doesn't make any difference. There is one thing I want to try and that is modifying the magazine. I have a Norinco 213 in 9mm that does exactly the same thing. I took one of the magazines and ground the lips back slightly so that the round is clear of the magazine a little sooner. Right now it seems to have solved the problem, so I'm going to try the same trick on one of my cz50 mags and see if that helps, if not then I have six shot capacity only. Other than this I really like these little guns and other than the cost of ammo I love the .32 acp round.

I had one years ago but the double action was busted on it. Sold it, might consider another....But I am really happy with my FEG .32's now. Even LOOK like walthers.....My first was with a second mag, about 135 TMD and the second was 106 TMD.....

Exclamation excellent carry gun.

owned about 5 of these and the last the best looking i gave to my son, it loved magtech :D ammio, shot 16 into one group size of my palm off a rest at 16 paces:eek:. clean / soak mags in kerosine, they all have dried up crap in them? then lube. these gun dont like win, rem, shells will not feed reliabley : and ive had 6 or eight mags, they all feed reliabley,the extractor fits european ammio or south american ammio better, spects on metric machines i'm told-read.? proved out, Anyway i'v had five they all shot exclently and rliablely with hot magtech. only problem a nut on inside of right grip on a few would get loose and change trigger pull so locktight, and lockwasher on one worked. had the cheeper 70 model also lookes the same but not same quality.<>< school teacher
    Last edited by DK PHILLIPS; 06-24-2008 at 09:54 AM. Reason: sp.

Hello I try to find magazin for cz 50, does someone have it one or two.

milans

AirCommando:
    Yes, the 69 is definitely the year and it was the last year the CZ50 was made, after that came the CZ70's. I also have a 69 made one as well as a 1950 one which was the 1st year production.
    BTW, in case you did not know, your pistol has a chamber loaded indicator. When a round is in the chamber, it pushes out on the extractor which in turn pushes out the round pin(left side of slide) so you can see and feel it. Also, the lever in the grip panel is a combination safety/decocker. In the lower position, it's on safety. Pushing it even lower will decock the pistol. Enjoy your nice find!
    One last thought: The Dealer Warehouse has extra parts, mags and grips for these handguns.

Thanks for the information, jeagermeister & Gary. Appreciate it! Welcome to the forum milans!

AC
    -Captain Richard Winters

Just had an afterthought AirCommando: Both of my 50's came with flat base mags. Don't know when CZ introduced the finger rest version. All 70's I've seen have the finger rest ones. Maybe someone can help with more info here about approximate dates when the changeover was made.

Speaking of mags, I bought this mag in addition to the original, and it has a finger rest also.

AC
    -Captain Richard Winters

Thanks all, I have a "smal" problem, I am from Slovenia EU and most US stores can't send to Slovenia .
    I read all about CZ50 here and I am very happy about, until now I just practice with Snap cap A-ZOOM .32 auto loading and fireing and knowing about. I don't understand well safety, when load it and pull safty down the hammer falls for me seem to be fire...
    I will try this on safe place because here in my country the weapon is not like in US.
    Best regards to all

milans