Thread: 32 acp cylinder

Default 32 acp cylinder

I received a flyer and noted they are selling 32 cal acp cylinders for the Nagant. I have 2 Nagants both 1944, what are my chances that one cylinder would fit either of my Nagants without modifications. I don't want to modify either of my revolvers.
    lionart99

Thumbs up Depending on who...

made them, it might not be a problem...I have a '42,'43 and '44...and my 32 cylinder fit all three and function just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by lionart99 View Post
    I received a flyer and noted they are selling 32 cal acp cylinders for the Nagant.

Who is?
    John King Sr.
    Member of North Florida Arms Collectors Association

Quote Originally Posted by Spetznatz View Post
    Who is?
    I don't know to whom the OP is refering, but I know J&G Sales (http://www.jgsales.com) has them.

Thumbs up

Hi lionart99,

I have 12 Nagants from 1915 to 1945
    My 32 cylinder (Korea) fits and functions in 10 of them.
    (bought from Bob in St.Louis a poster here)

It will work in three chambers of the 11th and not at all in the last one?
    I think, I read some place the new ones are made in Serbia.

I would get one again! Mine shoots well in all the revolvers. No recoil at all. It is cheap to reload for 2.2 grains of gun powder.

Best to you,

point6
    Last edited by point622000; 06-06-2008 at 06:34 PM.

got one for my 1941 tula and it dropped right in. works and shoots like a dream. i highly recommend it.

BTW, i got mine from JG sales and it is a very high quality product, Made in Korea.

I got mine from buymilsurp.com and it dropped right into my 1943 Iz and worked great. I also purchased an extra pin sleve and spring so I have a self contained unit that I can drop in and out when I like.

My 1932 Tula came with an unknown manufacture .32acp cylinder as an accessorie.

Doesn't work that well in the 1932, or my Tula 1944. It does drop right in and work perfectly in my 1945 Ishevsk.

So basicaly, that cylinder fits one out of three revolvers.

Hi Guys,

One day, I'm going to strip the one revolver and start swaping parts with a revolver that the 32 acp cylinder works in.

It has to be a eazy adjustment. ( large hammer, small FILE /Dremel tool!) LOL

I think it is the thickness of the block that pushes the clyinder foward. (at first glance)
    It might be a parts tolerance stack up problem.

Some one had a fix on the old board, but it was lost. I did not save it, all the Nagants I had at the time worked well with the replacment.

Best to all,
    point6

Until i can find a bunch of cheap .32 ACP i'm just going to reload my 7.62x38R. I may get the cylinder just to have it though, i love conversion kits and for under $100 you can't lose.
    RIP BBQ Sam

I just wish the ACP cylinder looked more like the original. There's a certain aesthetic to the detents that the perfectly smooth cylinder doesn't quite equal. I guess that would add to production/retail costs though.

I'm picking up my first Nagant later today. If the ACP cylinder were more traditional looking I would've already ordered one. Am I alone in this?

Quote Originally Posted by EganFan View Post
    I just wish the ACP cylinder looked more like the original. There's a certain aesthetic to the detents that the perfectly smooth cylinder doesn't quite equal. I guess that would add to production/retail costs though.

I'm picking up my first Nagant later today. If the ACP cylinder were more traditional looking I would've already ordered one. Am I alone in this?
    I agree with you, the 32 acp cylinder is less than stylish.

Red face

Hi Guys,

If you have a pal in a machine shop it is not a big deal to set a stop on a tool grinder and clear it out in a angle fixture. A open 46 grit wheel with the proper radius on it.
    It can be done in a milling machine with a little care -long end mills have a tendency to flex.
    It can be done with a ball end mill also, in a angle fixture.

You will have one ugly mark if the cylinder comes loose as it is machined.

Best to all,
    point6

Default 32acp

Quote Originally Posted by lionart99 View Post
    I received a flyer and noted they are selling 32 cal acp cylinders for the Nagant. I have 2 Nagants both 1944, what are my chances that one cylinder would fit either of my Nagants without modifications. I don't want to modify either of my revolvers.
    lionart99
    mine fit great, but some bastards stole it from my house before i could even try it. ive still got the original cylinder, they left that.

Default 32 acp cylinder follow up

Have not received my cylinder yet but is due any day. To clarify, with the 32 acp cylinder am I able to use any 32 cal. shells as 32 long, 32 Mag? Since this will be my first experiance doing this I want to be sure.
    Lionart

lionart, The new cylinder in .32 ACP will work with that cartridge only. The other .32's you mention will work in the original cylinder, usually with some case bulging. There are lots of posts (and opinions) on using the other .32's in the original Nagant cylinder; but many, including me, use them with success.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    lionart, The new cylinder in .32 ACP will work with that cartridge only. The other .32's you mention will work in the original cylinder, usually with some case bulging. There are lots of posts (and opinions) on using the other .32's in the original Nagant cylinder; but many, including me, use them with success.

Frank
    +1 32ACP only. mine shoots them with some surprising accuracy :D.