Gunboards Forums banner

32 acp cylinder

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  MrBurritoMan 
#1 ·
I received a flyer and noted they are selling 32 cal acp cylinders for the Nagant. I have 2 Nagants both 1944, what are my chances that one cylinder would fit either of my Nagants without modifications. I don't want to modify either of my revolvers.
lionart99

#4 ·
#5 · (Edited)
Hi lionart99,

I have 12 Nagants from 1915 to 1945
My 32 cylinder (Korea) fits and functions in 10 of them.
(bought from Bob in St.Louis a poster here)

It will work in three chambers of the 11th and not at all in the last one?
I think, I read some place the new ones are made in Serbia.

I would get one again! Mine shoots well in all the revolvers. No recoil at all. It is cheap to reload for 2.2 grains of gun powder.

Best to you,

point6

#8 ·
My 1932 Tula came with an unknown manufacture .32acp cylinder as an accessorie.

Doesn't work that well in the 1932, or my Tula 1944. It does drop right in and work perfectly in my 1945 Ishevsk.

So basicaly, that cylinder fits one out of three revolvers.

#9 ·
Hi Guys,

One day, I'm going to strip the one revolver and start swaping parts with a revolver that the 32 acp cylinder works in.

It has to be a eazy adjustment. ( large hammer, small FILE /Dremel tool!) LOL

I think it is the thickness of the block that pushes the clyinder foward. (at first glance)
It might be a parts tolerance stack up problem.

Some one had a fix on the old board, but it was lost. I did not save it, all the Nagants I had at the time worked well with the replacment.

Best to all,
point6

#11 ·
I just wish the ACP cylinder looked more like the original. There's a certain aesthetic to the detents that the perfectly smooth cylinder doesn't quite equal. I guess that would add to production/retail costs though.

I'm picking up my first Nagant later today. If the ACP cylinder were more traditional looking I would've already ordered one. Am I alone in this?

#13 ·
Hi Guys,

If you have a pal in a machine shop it is not a big deal to set a stop on a tool grinder and clear it out in a angle fixture. A open 46 grit wheel with the proper radius on it.
It can be done in a milling machine with a little care -long end mills have a tendency to flex.
It can be done with a ball end mill also, in a angle fixture.

You will have one ugly mark if the cylinder comes loose as it is machined.

Best to all,
point6

#16 ·
lionart, The new cylinder in .32 ACP will work with that cartridge only. The other .32's you mention will work in the original cylinder, usually with some case bulging. There are lots of posts (and opinions) on using the other .32's in the original Nagant cylinder; but many, including me, use them with success.

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.