Just received Alex's New Book on the War time Mosin Rifles & Carbines
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just received Alex's New Book on the War time Mosin Rifles & Carbines

Default Just received Alex's New Book on the War time Mosin Rifles & Carbines

I just received the new book from Alex's on the War time Mosin/Nagant Rifle & Carbines 1941 - 1945 in the mail today, and it is better then I thought it would be. The text, photos and overall information on the accessories and devices used by these rifles is outstanding. If you have not order this book yet you need to get on the stick and get a copy for your library . The info on the rifle grenades, silencers and the different ammo pouches and scopes are just remarkable. The book is a hardbound and nice slick paper and excellent printed publication. I highly recommend it.
    Bob "Tex" Hanes

I hate these threads that start by telling about something truly wonderful, that we all need to see.........and then no link on how to get it.

What is Alex's last name so that we cannot spend all day on Amazon looking up Mosin books.

I received my copy today and totally 2nd what Tex said. Just paging through it today I see a good bit of new information. At least to me it is new and no doubt to a lot of the collectors & member here too. Nice Alex - you sure did it up right.
    Now I'm going to have to clean that rifle!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

Dear Essex:
    No problem, just go to the top of this forum and you will see the information on ordering the book and some pictures of pages of the publication. I think my copy came to about $50.00 including the postage from the Ukraine . The book is in English with a lot of great color pictures of the weapons and all the great accessories.
    Tex

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    I just received the new book from Alex's on the War time Mosin/Nagant Rifle & Carbines 1941 - 1945 in the mail today, and it is better then I thought it would be. The text, photos and overall information on the accessories and devices used by these rifles is outstanding. If you have not order this book yet you need to get on the stick and get a copy for your library . The info on the rifle grenades, silencers and the different ammo pouches and scopes are just remarkable. The book is a hardbound and nice slick paper and excellent printed publication. I highly recommend it.
    Bob "Tex" Hanes

I totally agree and so does my nephew who teaches history when I presented him with a copy that I bought just for him. I bought 2, 1 for me and one for him. Alex did a fantastic job on the book!

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post
    I hate these threads that start by telling about something truly wonderful, that we all need to see.........and then no link on how to get it.

What is Alex's last name so that we cannot spend all day on Amazon looking up Mosin books.
    Dont think you will find it on amazon or any where else but here: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...d-Devices-quot

Order now to make sure you get one!

Just got mine today. Not had the time to open it due to the sales going on but it looks to be an awesome book. I'll be reading it later tonight before I hit the hay.

Awesome
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex View Post

Vic made it a sticky at the top of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointyears View Post
    Vic made it a sticky at the top of this forum.
    Some times you can lead a horse to water but that doesnt guareentee that you can make them drink!

Wow, It is great. Good Job Alex. Just read quite a bit, mostly the sniper stuff and skimmed the other stuff to find the sniper stuff. Very interesting, and now we know so much more.

Hopefully this will smooth the path a bit for an English translation of the newest SVT book. I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of Alex's book.
    Pat
    For My Fallen Brothers:
    WW 2001
    WS 2004
    MD 2009
    JH 2009
    ER 2009
    DS 2009
    DN 2009
    WB 2014

Never Forgotten.

I'm looking for pre-war Yugoslav Mauser bolt number 36455. If you have it, let me know! I'll pay a finder's fee on top of the selling price.

Quote Originally Posted by Poot View Post
    Hopefully this will smooth the path a bit for an English translation of the newest SVT book. I'm looking forward to receiving my copy of Alex's book.
    Pat
    I assure you, you will not be dissapointed!

Quote Originally Posted by spongemonkey View Post
    I assure you, you will not be dissapointed!
    Mine is somewhere between the Ukraine and here.

Believe me, it will be worth the wait!

Mine arrived today and left the Ukraine in the 26th so roughly 9 days.

Bob now you got me wanting it bad!! Sent the info by the way! Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Did anyone notice it smells good too?

Quote Originally Posted by zeebill View Post
    Bob now you got me wanting it bad!! Sent the info by the way! Bill

Bill, my copy is on the plane to the USA, when I get it you can look it over
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

They'll always be a empty chair at the gunshows for you buddy.

Great book. I was surprised to see the "m44L" in there. Great stuff.

Dang it! After reading these reviews, now there is another thing I'm going to have to buy.
    "Always bring a hammer to a stick fight."-nassaulakes

"I would gladly trade you all my charlston chews for all of your .22"
    - mat!_SW

Quote Originally Posted by Poot View Post
    Hopefully this will smooth the path a bit for an English translation of the newest SVT book.
    Pat
    I don't think that this book was ever published in English without help of RyanE on non-commercial basis. I would published it at Russian anyway, because it contains big amount of new information, but without his translation it remained among other books at Russian where you can only watch pictures.

I finished it yesterday. Lots and lots of great stuff, and a forward by Vic too. It is next to my Karl Heinz Mosin book, and I can read this one.

I was also pleased to see several gunboards members pictures used.
    Dave Phillips
    The Legendary Kirk Smith SpaxSpore Collection
    Even got one of mine in there.

Just got done with the book. Awesome, certainly going on the bookshelf of honor.

Agree with all the above posts, mine came yesterday very happy with book

I agree with all posters - truly excellent book. Mine did come with authors signature - in Russian Thank you Alex - great job!

Mine came today - amazing amount of info that I can't even begin to digest yet! I really look forward to it. My wife may find me sitting in the bathroom for long periods of time...

Quote Originally Posted by sparky236 View Post
    Mine came today - amazing amount of info that I can't even begin to digest yet! I really look forward to it. My wife may find me sitting in the bathroom for long periods of time...

I ordered mine today after all the positive reviews.
    Interested in acquiring a M28 ski trooper.

Question to US forum members here, does delivery of the book require signature? Thanks

Where guys are too stupid for their own good.

I am not so patiently awaiting delivery.
    In memory of my son Sean James, born 6/25/97. Died 9/16/13.

We will be reunited in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by pcke2000 View Post
    Question to US forum members here, does delivery of the book require signature? Thanks
    I am not sure about the others, but I had to sign for mine. I really dont see a problem with that unless you are unable to be available to sign for it.

Mine's on the plane as well and I can't wait to get it!

In the pictures on pg. 19 that are dated 1941 are they repairing, disassembling or assembling M91 rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by Pip6214 View Post
    In the pictures on pg. 19 that are dated 1941 are they repairing, disassembling or assembling M91 rifles?
    I suppose that at the left picture worker restore training gun, with drilled chamber (note cartridge in his pocket). Same is done at the image at the page 114
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...thing-or-other

I'm at a total loss on this one? Why would any serious book on firearms exclude WWI???

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I'm at a total loss on this one? Why would any serious book on firearms exclude WWI???
    Sounds like a good next project if he would take it on, even though the records might be a bit more difficult to locate!

Quote Originally Posted by pcke2000 View Post
    I had to sign for mine, too.

USMCsean is online now Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

Mine just arrived yesterday as well. I was only about to read the first 25 pages or so. I thought it was interesting that it showed a guy on page 19 with a sight base and leaf pointing the wrong direction from how it should be. I also thought it was interesting how it details the stop gap measure sit moving production to other factories and how they were marked to distinguish them from normal practices.

Tons of good info in there that you will have to read it 3-4 times, or more, for you to really gain a good understanding of everything that's being written. Personally, it is going to make me look more at the 1941-1942 rifles now!
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    It does go slightly into WW1. But for the most part this book is about the 91/30 and carbines. Not the earlier weapons.

He had a huge undertaking just getting the information for this alone. I can't imagine doing M91s and earlier also where the records are even more sparse.

---
    Sounds like RyanE did the translation for this.. if that's so he deserves a big thank you as well!

Just posted the book up(with authors permission) on my facebook. $30 for a hardback gun book? Dirt Cheap!
    Jack of all milsurps, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by nwellons View Post
    Sounds like a good next project if he would take it on, even though the records might be a bit more difficult to locate!
    The next project (actually, it's old project that I can't finish for a long time) will be book about Sudaev SMG's in 1942-1945 (PPS-42, PPS-43, and some trial guns). This book will be in Russian

Mine is still over the ocean!

Patiently waiting.

Thank you Ryan E for translating this book !

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fireman View Post
    I am not so patiently awaiting delivery.
    x2!

Got mine from Tex and actually held Dave Phillips rifle that is pictured in the book at the Washington County Fairgrounds gun show yesterday. That was really neat and Joe read the book to me all the way to the show while I drove. We were on the rumble strips a couple of times between the book and the snow which came down. Then he refused to read anymore or was at least hesitant to read. He he! I have had it about 3 days now thanks to Tex and I have not come close to reading it through which to be honest will probably never happen. It is so loaded with information that has me twirling around in space trying to connect things in history and the collection and how it ties in with Kevin Carney's collection my brain is on overload! Alex and Ryan you both did great jobs now if somebody will just translate Drei Linien (Which I got yesterday too, by the way) to English I will be a happy and maybe somewhat more informed man. I also picked up the book on American contracts yesterday along with the new gun values book. This is summer chase facts and needed books time for me and I spent more on books than guns yesterday at the gun show. I knock off gun shows for the summer for the most part and do music and relaxation and organizing things. Thanks again Tex, Alex, and Ryan E! Bill
    zeebill live from the hills of West Virginia!

Excellent book. Highly recommended.
    Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

Enjoying my copy that arrived today. Thanks for signing it Alexander. Denny

I'm 11 days since mailed, still waiting, hurry up USPS!!!
    RIP Kevin Carney 10/3/14

They'll always be a empty chair at the gunshows for you buddy.

THAT is what is sitting at the post office since signature was required and no one was home today. Darn it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast