Thread: Vector V-93

Default Vector V-93

I love HK rifles. What I don't love is the price tag of $2500-$3500 for the HK-93.

I went a cheaper route. This is a Vector V-93. It's made with HK parts on a US receiver. It's a tackdriver. It's also about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of a factory HK, and to date, it's just as nice. I traded a CMP Garand I bought back in 2001 for this one, and I'm quite happy.

40 rds of .223/5.56 ammo into a 2" circle at 200 yds....yummy.

Plus, if I ever need to jump out of a plane or climb into an APC, I can put the folding stock on....

Right now, it's my favorite .223 rifle. When I finish pimping my M4, I may change that opinion, but for now, this is the rifle of choice in that caliber. I'll let you know how she does in the match I'm shooting in next weekend. 8)
    "Nothing says "Obey me" like a bloody head on a fence post." -Stewie Griffin

Brian, Very nice rifle! I've been wanting one of Vector's V-93s, but I just can't force myself to pay that much money for one. Does Vector's come with the bi-pod? You came out on the better end of that trade!
    Michael

I went with their V53 pistol and SBR'd that puppy.

Dang, nice rifle. How hard are mags to come by?

Quote Originally Posted by RuralTurtle View Post
    Dang, nice rifle. How hard are mags to come by?
    not too hard, several HK parts vendors have them. The 40 round alum ones are the cheapest, well cheap for anything that has HK attach to it, but the steel 25 and 30 rounders are expensive!

There was a guy several months ago, over on a HK board that was advertising a adapter that fitted into the mag well so you could use M16 mags. But, he turned out to be a theif, after people sent him money, they got nothing, not even a reach around.
    Last edited by SfcRet; 06-09-2008 at 11:44 PM.

Vectors can be purchased with the bipod, IIRC. All the V-93's come with the wide forearm that are made for the bipod.

Vector has the cheapest price on the 40 rd mags at $35 ea.

Several vendors, including Midway have 30 rd mags but they sell for $60-$65.

Still, I'll pick a couple up, eventually.

Honestly, while I think the rifle's worth every bit of its price tag, I doubt I would have bought one prior to owning this one. I thought they were "pricey" and though I enjoyed shooting my friend's post sample HK33, $1000+ for another .223 wasn't in the cards. It was dumb luck that at a recent rifle match, I offered to let another shooter borrow a Garand to try out next time we shot. He cornered me as we were leaving and asked if I liked HK style rifles and wanted to trade one of my Garands for a Vector HK93 clone. Had it not been for that, I'd most likely have not purchased one, and that would have been a shame. This thing is smoother than a gravy sandwich.

Pick one up if you get the chance. :D
    "Nothing says "Obey me" like a bloody head on a fence post." -Stewie Griffin

man i think i want one of those!