Gunboards Forums banner

Star Model 30PK part

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lyman1903 
#1 ·
I have a Star 30PK that I keep as a handy truck gun. It's not a beauty but has been reliable over the years. Recently I noticed the hammer wouldn't stay back when cocked. It's something that just started. After disassembly one corner of the hammer where the sear latches is chipped off. Does anyone know where I can source a replacement hammer? I've done a little googling over the last few days and struck out. I'm not sure what other star models may cross reference to the 30PK. I've got other ""pieces" that could take the Stars place but I hate get rid of it. If the hammer isn't available is it worth parting out the 30pk? Thanks in advance

PS I'm new to the forum, if this is posted in the wrong area please let me know

#4 ·
Hi, Thanks forthe reply, Yes, I think the Mod 30 would be compatible, not sureabout the 28? I've been keeping an eye on Gun Broker, Guns America, eBay,Bob in Arizona, Etc. no luck, I'll start looking for mod28 hammers and see if they look the same. I'm in no hurrybut hate to miss one if it becomes available.
Thanks again for any leads

#6 ·
For those interested in the interchangeability question: the Star 30M and 30P are identical from the trigger rearward. The only difference is in the pistol's length from the trigger forward toward the muzzle. All components from the trigger back (including the trigger) are mechanically interchangeable. However, the 30P is shorter, involving differences in the barrel, frame and slide so that those parts are not interchangeable. The 30PK is identical to the 30P except that its frame is aluminum.

If anyone needs parts, I have some (but no magazines!). Send me a PM.

M

#7 ·
MGMike was able to help me out. I've installed his hammer and the weapon functions as it should. While I had it down I actually put a high quality paint job on it. Not only does my 30PK function correctly but it looks good. Just a word to all, MGMike is a class act. He was professional and courteous to help me. Oh I forgot, He's a Virginian like me! Thanks for your help Mike,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.