Default SVT tool kit, pics

Have had a number of guys asking for pics of this and I'm sorry for the delays. It was packed away. I sold my SVT.38. I bought this from Vic years ago (thanks Vic). I believe this is for the SVT.38 but could be used for the SVT.40 as well? A member here who wanted it told me it was worth about $50. I think that is a little light I never see them and when I bought it from Vic years ago (like maybe 10) they were hard to find then.
    Regards,
    Hambone
    Last edited by Hambone; 07-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Nice kit Let me know if it starts to take up too much space.
    Ike
    "Hope is not a strategy"
    NRA Life Member

Hambone,
    That kit would look nice with one of my SVT-38's!
    Doc

$50 :eek: whoever offered that is cheap. Someone like myself might be able to go as high as $51 if you are looking to hit the lotto.

Quote Originally Posted by n10sivern View Post
    $50 :eek: whoever offered that is cheap. Someone like myself might be able to go as high as $51 if you are looking to hit the lotto.
    I'll double that.

Thanks guys. I'm not "fishing" I just never thought about it until I saw a discussion about them. I sold my Svt.38, probably one of the nicer I've seen (only a mm mag and sewer pipe bore) awhile back to fund another purchase. I think I had kept this in the event I picked up another Svt.40 or 38. While I haven't kept track of price on these in the last decade, or even seen one, I didn't fall off a turnip truck in the middle of the night and wake up in a ditch with it in my pocket
    Last edited by Hambone; 07-13-2008 at 07:02 AM.

Did Vic sell that as the "officer's model" since it has that fancy button?

Cass

Nope, but he mentioned the button as added (it looks like it was done a long time ago or period) and I was extremely happy to get the thing for my Svt as I could not find one back then. I believe I approached him asking for one, he didn't advertise it, and I appreciated him selling it to me.

I'll buy it back if you want to..... How's 75.00 sound?
    Owner/Administrator of Gunboards.com
    Mosin Nagant.net
    Michigan Historical Collectables

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

Default G43 pouches

I would trade you g43 pouches for it!

Speaking of that, not to hijack the thread, but what's an SVT mag pouch worth these days? I would love to have one. I've been looking for the tool too kit but I guess I'd better give up after seeing this thread! Nice looking kit Ham.
    I guarantee that you're smarter than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Nope, but he mentioned the button as added (it looks like it was done a long time ago or period) and I was extremely happy to get the thing for my Svt as I could not find one back then. I believe I approached him asking for one, he didn't advertise it, and I appreciated him selling it to me.
    You're right, it does look like its been there quite a while. I have SVT38 tools but not the pouch.

Cass

Your missing the brush and jag pull through Cass.
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

"Terror is not a new weapon. Throughout history it has been used by those who could not prevail, either by persuasion or example. But inevitably they fail, either because men are not afraid to die for a life worth living, or because the terrorists themselves came to realize that free men cannot be frightened by threats, and that aggression would meet its own response. And it is in the light of that history that every nation today should know, be he friend or foe, that the United States has both the will and the weapons to join free men in standing up to their responsibilities."
    John F. Kennedy

That is the product of my being cheap, ha! Instead of paying big bucks for a complete set, I kept finding partial sets and loose tools in junk boxes. I do have several brushes, but I think I am missing the slotted pull throughs.

Cass

New SVT40 owner and waiting on my Mosin tools to have a sorta field kit.
    Appreciate the pics as these are the first kits I've seen. I hope to get out
    within a month or so and shoot it. All the ranges here in SoCal don't like
    steel core so need a desert trip. I have some Hung HB and Olympic junk
    to use for function test/shooting (I expect it's a regulator prob as my
    friend who gave it to me said it was shooting fine then became a single
    shot (I did notice the reg adjuster is not quite square)).

Default What is this?

As long as this thread is on SVT tools, I've had this one since 1991 or so. What does the S/V or whatever mean? Is this an original?

Its the Finnish makers mark. See the SVT section at the parent page of www.mosinnagant.net for more info.
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

John F. Kennedy

USMCsean is offline Super Moderator / Silver Bullet member/ Rocket Scientist

I couldn't find it Vic. But IRRC, the marking is VS.
    Semper Fi,
    Sean

Check out the newest forum on Gunboards! The Brass Exchange. Where reloaders can come and find the brass that they need. http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdis...Brass-Exchange

Please add your info for the Tikka 91/30 Survey at: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...=3975#post3975

We Marines believe that God gave America the greatest gift he could bestow to man while he lived on this earth-freedom. We also believe he gave us another gift nearly as precious-our soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen, and Marines-to safeguard that gift and
    guarantee no force on this earth can every steal it away. It has been my distinct honor to have been with you here today. Rest assured our America, this experiment in democracy started over two centuries ago, will forever remain the "land of the free and home of the brave" so long as we never run out of tough young Americans who are willing to look beyond their own self-interest and comfortable lives, and go into the darkest and most dangerous places on earth to hunt down, and kill, those who would do us harm.
    Nov 13, 2010 Lt General John Kelly, USMC

Here it is on the underside of a M39 rear sight. DDR
    +2,100 (2,082+18)

I'll put the name up later. Its a big one.
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

John F. Kennedy

I don't want to hijack the thread, but does anybody have info where I could find SVT-40 sight adjustment tool for adjusting windage? It does not have be specifically SVT-40 tool as long it works (tried old AK-47 adjustment tool already, it doesn't work since it binds the movement of front sight). The SVT-40 that I have shoots about 8 inches to the right from 150 meters and the front sight doesn't seem to move sideways at all (it is pretty much stuck - tried combination of brass punch and small hammer also - the sight didn't move with them either).

Jarkko

Jarkko,
    You just have to be more agressive. Try unscrewing the front sight post all the way out first. Then after you get it free you can reinstall it. It moves but yours may have old dried grease in it etc..The post though goes through the front sight base so it may be stuck on that.
    Last edited by Vic; 07-16-2008 at 12:31 PM.
    Mosin Nagant.net

"Tulta munille!"

John F. Kennedy

I'm a fan of soaking or slathering stuck parts with Kroil overnight as well.

Default SVT 40 Tools

Here are the tools I would expect to see in a SVT 40 kit.
    Attachment 91728

Attachment 91729
    The source