Gunboards Forums banner

Mauser 98K high mounts

920 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  sssniper 
#1 ·
I have a Mauser 98K and want to put high turret mounts on it, but don't want to get the repo German ones that would fit the time period. What I am looking for is current brand name high turret scope mounts that would clear the bolt handle when it is cycled back. The only ones I can find on Amazon.com are 1'' tall and I don't think that will do the trick. Can any point me in the right direction for a scope mount with a higher clearance?

Regards.

#3 ·
As stated above Accumounts is really the only decent company that is making reproduction versions of the high turret at this time. You should have the option between split ring and solder ring.

#5 ·
I completely read your post wrong. Good luck to you.....

#6 ·
Hello,

being Accumounts is the cheapest HT made mount with split rings to use modern days scopes on the planet any thing else would be just a mauser rifle with sporter rings and bases and not a High Turret. If 200 for mounts is a budget buster its best to stop now with the project as the mount install will not be good for your pocket also. you will not be able to make a HT repro as your looking with mounts and mount install about 500 + your scope at a MIN.

later
vaughn

#7 ·
Plus 1 with Vaughn. A modern "current brand name high turret scope mounts" would most likely be German (if they even make them any more) would be well over $500 for a full set. If you are set on a HT repro, Accumounts is going to be the best way to go, even at $200. Set aside for a while and build up your "Project Envelope" (as I call it), you will be more pleased in the end. Also, be sure to check out your gunsmith, even with split rings, Turret mounts can be a challenge for a local shop to do correctly. I took my dads shotgun stock in to have redone, many years ago, Long Island salt water. Asked to see a sample of his work, ooopps, never mind, and walked out. Seen better house painters!! Anyway, good luck on your project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.