Default 303 martini cadet rifle ?? Real or fake

Did Enfield ever make a cadet martini carbine ?
    the one I'm looking at has a trapdoor buttplate makes me wonder if it's a fake ?
    I have attached a couple pictures
    Mcgoo

Under the big sky, in the shadow of the Sweetgrass Hills

That's a counterfiet.
    Douglas

"And don't forget. That isn't your Martini you have. It belonged to others before you and will belong to others after you are gone. Look after it, and pass it on with pride. It deserves it." Malcolm Cobb, The Martini Henry Note-book
    To find things Martini go to: WWW.MartiniHenry.com

Fake.
    "The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past". (William Faulkner)

Default Carbine

Just because I am just starting out in the big martini toys, can either or both of you explain to us newbies why you think it is a fake. It's not that I disagee, I just want to expand my knowledge.

The things I question is the last "1" in 1881 is offset, the "C" in the Mk area, the forend looks to have a bulge in the bottom line of the forestock and it looks to have some other obscured mark just to the right of the crown.

Am I close??

Ed

Looks very strange to me. How about a photo of the left-hand side of the action.

Clyde is online now Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon

No, there were no cadet 303s. Yours purports to be a Cavalry Carbine, but it doesn't look right to me.
    Absent comrades (sound of breaking glass)

The butt-stock has too little comb, and too much curve on the butt-plate. Since this is masquerading as a .303 conversion from a MH CC then it would be a MM CC and in that case there should be a fore-end securing pin. There isn't, so the fore-end is wrong.
    As Terry says, the left side of the receiver should bear the markings of its .303 reincarnation.
    Also, the font and alignment of the numbers and letters on the right of the receiver screams "fake".
    "The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past". (William Faulkner)