Thread: mossberg 144ls

Default mossberg 144ls

I have a dealer in my area who always has a good supply of mossberg rimfires, but I generally just gave them a glance and walked away. Well, yesterday i finally gave in and bought one, a modlel 144 LSA. I noticed the adjustadle rear peep, heavy barrel, and lyman front sight, and it just screamed target rifle. I'd been wanting a rifle like that since my days on my high school's rifle team,and at $150 it was hard to pass up. And after a quick trip to the range i was even more surprised by the accuracy. With CCI subsonic HPs, it shot into 1/2" at 50 yards! Now i'm thinking it might even take the savage's place as my squirrel gun.

Thumbs up You done, done good!!!

$150.00!! Great price for a great rifle... Probably a little heavy to lug around chasing squirrel's all day, but then you will probably make a few of the squirrels with the custom Ruger 10/22's and Anschultz's at the range nervious with your "High Dollar" target gun.... lol
    You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett...1835

NMCA Member #1966

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in Overalls and Looks like Work.... Thomas Edison (1847 - 1931)

what dealer? what area? i am always on the lookout for these old rifles! ross

Gun Toters Supply in Eynon, Pennsylvania.

these days that's a steal. On the auction boards any older Mossberg bolt .22 is bringing minimum of 200 with U.S issued trainers bringing much more.

I just got done sighting in one of my 144 LSA's in today, I put a 3x9 Bushnell sportview on it and sighted it in at 100yds. Several 3 shot groups you could cover with a dime, maybe the last 20 rds made up a 3" group as the wind messed with me a bit. If they're going for $200 I ought to sell one, got 3 of em, lol

sounds good!i am shooting these type of groups at 50yds. with some older models than yours.what kind of ammo are you using? i have been using federal premium target gold medal standard velocity. i bought a brick of the high velocity stuff,but haven't tried it out yet.ross

I was using remington white box standard velocity, fairly decent shooting ammo.

thanks friend,i will make a note to try it sometime. cheers,ross

guess i need to know more about what you mean by rem. white box ammo? ross. any one else?
    Last edited by rosscoe; 10-16-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Remington White Box
    Winchester White Box

These are the cheap ammo in the 550 round boxes. Shoots like crud but is good if your like me and get a little trigger happy with the semi-autos. I am good for burning threw 550 rounds in a range session. I save the match stuff for hunting or accuracy testing.
    Peace and Chicken Grease.

Explain to me how the antis, who want to take my firearms, and who do not own firearms themselves, believe they will be able to take mine! Picture it...people with no guns...gonna take the guns away from gun-owners.
    DOC2005 (www.thehighroad.org)

thanks tango,couldn't find white box 22ammo at one of the big mail order places in the midwest.now this clears it up.rosscoe