Gee is everyone Gone

Thread: Gee is everyone Gone

Default Gee is everyone Gone

No posts from the Crew in months Everyone OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Citiboy289 View Post
    No posts from the Crew in months Everyone OK?
    I was waiting on you to post !

Quote Originally Posted by yancey View Post
    I was waiting on you to post !
    Same here. Still waiting on paper boy too.

Bill

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunBoards.com
    Advertisements

I know I am new to the scene, but I will pop my head up and say HEY! I have enjoyed and benefitted a lot from the info here and in the MN forum for sure and appreciate it.

Looking forward to putting faces with names at a shoot one of these days.

I'm still here lurking about as always.

Well go to see some responses I picked up this last month 1903 colt Hammer in 38 Acp Looks a lot better in person Colt says only 31K made , getting it lettered , I am really trying to get up to the Picnic at the Club on 9/17 , issue is I have a 70 th Birthday party In NH the weekend before not sure I can clear both Sat Will keep everyone posted
    Yance the cup still holding up? good tip is put it in frig the night before makes it hold ice better
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pix250491842.jpg  

Been working on the road the last 6 years. Finally getting a break around October or so, should get to spend a little time at home. Maybe I can make a shoot before I have to leave again. Keith
    Say you love her 'till she lays down the butcher knife. -Tim Wilson

"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by keithreid View Post
    Been working on the road the last 6 years. Finally getting a break around October or so, should get to spend a little time at home. Maybe I can make a shoot before I have to leave again. Keith
    Do you know any dates yet Keith?

Bill

Well, they told me August 20 was my last day here, but we still have structural steel arriving on the 28th. No one really knows till we get everything built and they bring the pumps online. They're putting nearly 1 million gallons of crude oil in the line now to fill it, already past us here.
    They're also talking about me going to the other 3 pump stations with contractors to finish out the punch lists on those, so it might be October. Official end date is still august 20 though!
    Hell, I might retire from here.

Y'all have a good one, Keith
    Say you love her 'till she lays down the butcher knife. -Tim Wilson

"Luck" is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Well go to see some responses I picked up this last month 1903 colt Hammer in 38 Acp Looks a lot better in person Colt says only 31K made , getting it lettered , I am really trying to get up to the Picnic at the Club on 9/17 , issue is I have a 70 th Birthday party In NH the weekend before not sure I can clear both Sat Will keep everyone posted
    Yance the cup still holding up? good tip is put it in frig the night before makes it hold ice better

Citiboy, I have been working some up around Winchester when I'm not in town and the cup you gave me sure has been nice to have while on the road.

A Big thanks for the cup my Brother !!!!!!

Uhhhhh, who is turning 70 ???????

I don't put mine in the fridge and it holds ice 8+ hrs. and costs 1/4 the price of a yeti.

Bill
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	1489777

Quote Originally Posted by BCR#1 View Post
    I don't put mine in the fridge and it holds ice 8+ hrs. and costs 1/4 the price of a yeti.

Bill

Name:	IMG_0274.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	1489777
    Brother, Did we not get the same cup ? (Ozark Trail at a 1/4 of the cost) The ice in mine last at least 24 hours.

Brother, Did we not get the same cup ? (Ozark Trail at a 1/4 of the cost) The ice in mine last at least 24 hours.
    I'm talking about the open sun, son. In the house, a whole lot longer than that. And yes, the same brand name.

Bill

Get them while you can rumor is big lawsuit is pending If you see the big cooler grab it the one for 149 is = to the 299 yeti but the production has ceased

I'm talking about the open sun, son. In the house, a whole lot longer than that. And yes, the same brand name.

Bill

LOL Bill guess that now your retired the most heat the cup gets is when it gets to near the TV , when your watching Jerry Springer and Judge Judy LOL Not like us working fools

LOL Bill guess that now your retired the most heat the cup gets is when it gets to near the TV , when your watching Jerry Springer and Judge Judy LOL Not like us working fools

Semi retired John, just like you. I'll find me something around 20-25 hrs a week + my SSI just for something to do besides fishing, shooting and bike riding. Welding
    for 38+ yrs was long enough. As for the TV, one hr a week from Oct to March and 3 weeks in July for the TDF.

Bill

thats the life bill semi retired good luck glad you took the plunge

Default Look What Citiboy sent

I got home today and wife said i had a package. ( Look what Citiboy sent me) Thanks brother !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cup.jpg  

How sweet, Yancey had butterflies on his man cave window.

Bill

How sweet, Yancey had butterflies on his man cave window.

Bill
    Bill, The wife hung those up and asked did i like them. ( What do i say to the women who just bought me a lcp 380.

[QUOTE=yancey;5051185]I got home today and wife said i had a package. ( Look what Citiboy sent me) Thanks brother ![/QUO

FORGET ABOUT IT

I got home today and wife said i had a package. ( Look what Citiboy sent me) Thanks brother !
    I was in the Cleveland wallyworld Tuesday evening, scored some CCI 22lr. Well, 3 boxes, they limit. Anyway, there was an end cap all empty except for about 15 of these steel tumblers. I commented on the empty end cap, clerk said they had gone through 4k of the tumblers in _______. (I didn't hear him well, thought he said 3 days, but it may have been a week.)

SlimTim
    Budweiser's Real Man of Genius: Mr. Gun Show Junkie

Georgians! Tennesseans! Join your neighbors in the TN/GA Shooters forum.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
    I was in the Cleveland wallyworld Tuesday evening, scored some CCI 22lr. Well, 3 boxes, they limit. Anyway, there was an end cap all empty except for about 15 of these steel tumblers. I commented on the empty end cap, clerk said they had gone through 4k of the tumblers in _______. (I didn't hear him well, thought he said 3 days, but it may have been a week.)

SlimTim
    Yes tim the things are rocking out the door We have pushed close to 3k since July 4 weekend The trick if you see them are the actual coolers They havnt been in the US since April If you see one grab it Even with my inside connections I cant get my hands on one
    We are getting a steady flow of 22LR here , more than likely because the manufacturers want to dump the dove and deer ammo ( in my area the need for such is very limited ) we discounted all the Turkey ammo to less than 1/2 a good rule of thumb is that ROLL BACKS are done late Thurs night or Fri AM we unloaded Perfecta 9 mm and 308 at roll back the 357 just went to $14.00 Good time to look is always Fri after 3 pm when the price drops need to be sent to Corp

So citiboy goes out to the unloading dock today at 3 pm ( focused employee I am) and what comes rolling off the truck ? 4 small and 4 large ---- Well jumping into action I grab a small ( 3 left ) 4 large ) Roll then to the floor people are grabbing them like pardons on death row --- CITYBOYS ONE MAKES IT THROUGH THE crazyness Lady starts fighting me for mine ---------------------- anyway its home here is a pic $94.00 minus my 10% LOL the old coolers are shoot bound
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01705.jpg  

Good deal !

I am still around when I get a free minutes. I have been on the road sine February and only came home for the time my son was born and his NICU stay. Hope I will be in town for the shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by 53caddy View Post
    I am still around when I get a free minutes. I have been on the road sine February and only came home for the time my son was born and his NICU stay. Hope I will be in town for the shoot.
    Well !!!! Congrats Brother " Long time no see " ( Give me a call when you get time)

Look what followed me home from wallyworld.

Name:	IMG_20170423_205035537.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	281.9 KB 
ID:	2181274

They had a couple, but at $96, I only needed one. Got ice to test it yesterday, heard it sloshing around today, gonna open it up tomorrow and it may go back if already melted.

SlimTim

The trick with them as well as the cups is to chill them down first:
    I will have a one gallon milk jug filled with water and is frozen , The night before I plan to use the cooler I put the jug into the cooler, that will bring the temp down over night, Then in the AM i remove the jug put in my stuff anf fill with ice.
    Saves the ICE trying to bring down the cooler temp.
    Same with the mugs, I store mine in the frig overnight and it also brings the temp down so when I fill it with ice the ice and the drink arent being used to bring the temp down.
    Mine has held ice for 3 days on the deck in July in the Sun.
    The big engineering mistake with that model is they should have added a drain plug like on the bigger ones

My tumbler lives in the fridge whilst home. I'll try your method with the cooler. I just got a freezer last Black Friday and there's probably enough room in it yet to put the whole cooler in it, but I'm betting that's not advisable.

SlimTim

I dont think putting the whole thing in a freezer is a good idea !, The putting a frozen jug in it and closing it for a few hours works fine for me