Gunboards Forums banner

Star Model 1921

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ibmikey 
#1 ·
A local pawn shop has a Star Model 1921 for sale for $350. It looks to be in good to VG condition, but I know very little about these. I have searched this forum, GB and the Star website. It is my understanding that there is one serial number on the frame, then assembly numbers on the parts. Which parts should have the assembly number? Hints on any other things to look for would be appreciated. Were all the 1921's marked with the Guardia Civil crest or are there civilian versions without the crest? I just looked at the pistol breifly but am thinking about going back for a closer look.

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Love Stars! Here is my M1921:

Attachments

#4 ·
Warrior, You made a nice discovery and the price is not unreasonable for a pistol made close to 100 years ago. Not all had the Civil Guard markings but many so marked were in the huge amount of firearms originally imported by Interarms. Others later were found bearing Pac West, CAI and other importers who brought arms in from South Africa and Israel. Be cautious on the ammunition you use because of the age and absence of repair parts.

#6 ·
Went and looked again at the 1921 this morning. Appears to match except the mag, has "38" stamped after the 9mm so it was probably has the extractor alteration for 38 ACP. No import marks at all, even the pre-68 country stamp. Overall in very good condition with Guardia Civil crest. They wouldn't come off the $349 price so I decided to leave it there. If someone else is interested PM me and I will give you the shop's information and other details.

#7 ·
Not an issue since you did not purchase it but the pistol should never be fired with .38 Super ammunition, metalurgy in that day was not the equalivent of later years. Not having seen the pistol, or it's originality, it is hard to comment on your decision but $ 350. Would have jumped from my wallet if the pistol was in nice shape.l

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.