Gunboards Forums banner

Star Model 1914 information

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RetE8USN 
#1 ·
What an exercise in futility and frustration..... I've spent several hours trying to do some research on the Star Model 1914 with very little luck. I do have some basic information, like it was mostly produced for the French Army during WWI and the French used it during WWII, etc., but finding specific information like a schematic and parts list; serial number production, etc. etc. has made me go nuts today! LOL......

I would like to acquire one of these pistols in good to very good condition with a good, clean bore and would like more info about the pistol before I try locating one for sale.

Anyone have any information they could help with????

Thanks!

#3 ·
Bohanan66..... Thanks for the idea, but the design is totally different from any Ruby type pistols I have seen pictures of. This is a picture from an on-line source.

#5 ·
HERD118...... Thanks for the info. It helps!

#6 ·
I found a 1914 at a gun show and couldn't find much information also. Since it had French history, I posted a picture in the French forum and the moderator 1886 Lebel responded with some information on them. Try asking him about them. One thing I did find out about my 1914 is it has a Ruby magazine in it that works fine.

The action design is very similar to Star's model F .22 pistols but disassembly starts with the lever in front of the trigger guard and sliding the block forward and off. The safety is nothing more than a lever that rotates to block the firing pin from the hammer.

#7 ·
candr44.... Thanks for the additional info. I think I hav enough now from everyone's input to purchase one if I find one. Got a gun show in Gettysburg this coming weekend. Gonna go on Sunday and see if I can find one and a REAL 1918 Trench Knife - the one with the brass knuckle handle. I did grab a Ruby at the West Palm Beach gun show this past weekend and another one off gunbroker. $250 each. Got to tear down and take pictures when I get back home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.