Gunboards Forums banner

SAR-3 w/muzzle break (Thx JimmyC)

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  eli 
#1 · (Edited)
Many months ago I was searching for an original Romanian muzzle device for my SAR-3 and JIMMYC very kindly offered to solve my problem. I bought the remaining implements from K-Var and went about doing the conversion myself. All came out fine and well, but I want to stress that a drill press is a must for anyone wanting to drill holes in these things. I don't have one and, well, it got challenging. Other than that, the instructions other board member gave me worked quite well (e.g. rifle in the freezer, FSB in the oven).

A friend has video of the first day I fired the rifle but he's awol...

Here are some pics in the meantime... and THANK YOU JIMMYC!

Eli

#6 ·
eli, I like the East German furniture on your rifle. I'm also in the process of making a Romanian AIMS-74 clone out of my registered Ratmil C.U.R. 2.

Here's is a Romanian military photo of a Romanian trooper in the Bosnian area with his 5.45 AIMS-74.

I'm looking for the Romanian side folding stock. The East Germans side folders with the lever are common. The Romanian's with the push button are a little harder to find.

#8 · (Edited)
Yes, the Romanians also made the lever type. The Romanians are not finished quite as well and the stock is of a slightly different shape. The folding mechanism is also different.

I would be happy to find a Romanian with the lever. Anyone want to part with one?

I'll post a photo of the East German type later today.

Here are two East German side folding stocks. One still in it's original sealed bag, and one out of the bag. The close up shows the folder mechanism in detail.

I also included the E.G. label which comes in the bag with the stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.