Default Hollifield combination rifle rod sub target device

Hello all,
    Hopefully I am in the right forum. Just wondering what anyone knows about the above mentioned device and what may be a fair price for a boxed example. Thanks in advance John

Is all that on the box? I would depend on what caliber(s) it fit. I've been interested in this stuff for 20 years, and don't think I've ever seen one for sale, let alone actually sell.
    It worked by putting the thing in the barrel, putting the target on the wall holding the muzzle close enough to the target so that when the firing pin hit the rod it was driven out to make a dot on the target. The system I've heard of was in fact called the Hollifield Dotter.
    No idea what value would be. I'll send you $200 cash in the morning, if you'll take it. Adding a zero to that offer might not be enough. Try posting on the military trainer forum. Somebody there might be able to help.
    Marrage doesn't just happen, you have to get out there and expose yourself to it, you know, like chicken pox.

Thats Michael Jon Littmans .22 forum, down in Lee-Enfield.
    Marrage doesn't just happen, you have to get out there and expose yourself to it, you know, like chicken pox.

If the device appears to fit a M1903, you might also try the M1903 Forum on Jouster - some pretty "specialized" people over there.

Dotters were made for the US m1903, M1917 as well as the Ross .303 and .45 Automatic pistol from memory. I imgine there were some for the Mausers as well. The same principles were used in the British Swift trainers.