Gunboards Forums banner

Spanish "Ruby" schematic

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RetE8USN 
#1 ·
Does anyone have or know where I can get a schematic for a Ruby??? The pistol was mfg by Esperanza y Unceta, Guernica accoring to other info I got from the internet. Left side of slide is marked 7.65mm 1916 Model Automatic Pistol and Spain on 1st line. 2nd line is marked "Brunswig". Left side of frame at tang is marked EU in a circle. The serial number on the right side of the slide by ejection port is 84xxx and that is the only place that number shows up. Left side under the grip, inside the slide and the barrel are all stamped 1442. If any of this information helps. Information I have also says that this pistol was basicially copied from the Astra 1916. I can't find a schematic for that pistol either and I'm nut sure if they are close enough that small parts are interchangeable. I'm trying to find out if the firing pin is a one piece or two piece item. Either mine is borken or I am missing the rear portion. Any help on the schematic or the firing pin would be appreciated.....

#3 ·
Thanks, but couldn't find it on Numerich, nor much of a parts list. Also tried google and Sarco. Looked for an ASTRA 1916 schematic since info I have says that it was a "ASTRA Patent". No luck finding a Browning 1903 schematic either since the info says that is what they modeled the gun after.

#4 ·
"Ruby" is pretty much a generic term. There is a sticky here about the "Ruby" in French service on this forum.

They all are pretty much alike yet also pretty much different !

Very doubtful you can just find a replacement firing pin. Some had two piece, most seemed to have a one piece pin. It is a pretty simple firing pin and can be easily turned if you are handy with tools and metal work. A bit of drill rod, turn ,fit, heat treat , anneal and install. Have used bronze rod to make these too.
As for a schematic you might find one for the generic "Ruby" pistol somewhere. A schematic for the French "Unique" is a good start.

#8 ·
1886lebel..... Thanks for the schematic. That really helps. I took the pistol to an old time gunsmith to have a pin made for it.... Getting 2 while I am at it....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.